Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

AndreaLV
Message 1 of 3 (250 Views)

Fatal Errors in AutoCAD LT 2011 Installation

250 Views, 2 Replies
03-27-2012 11:07 AM

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  We are on a domain.  When I try to install AutoCAD 2011 on a user's computer the following error appears during the initialization of the install:

AutoCAD Install Error.jpg

Here is the error that appears in the event viewer:

AutoCAD Error Event Log.png

I have followed steps to set a software restriction policy (in the local policy) and still had the same results.  I also moved the computer to a new OU that didn't inherit any policies from the domain and still could not get the install to run.  I am out of ideas!!  Any advice is appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

Re: Fatal Errors in AutoCAD LT 2011 Installation

03-27-2012 11:36 AM in reply to: AndreaLV

Some other users have had luck copying the media to the hard drive and installing from there.  If it is a network deployment, try modifying it so that it doesn't install in silent mode.

Also, you want to always ensure that your are installing with local admin rights (or in this case domain admin rights), with UAC off, and anti-virus disabled. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
AndreaLV
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: Fatal Errors in AutoCAD LT 2011 Installation

03-28-2012 11:30 AM in reply to: TravisNave

I have logged in under each admin account and tried the install.  I just now tried it with turning off the AV, no joy yet.  The install is being run from the local machine.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.