Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure Installing AutoCad 2013 for MAC

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
schaalanastasia
453 Views, 4 Replies

Failure Installing AutoCad 2013 for MAC

Hello, 

I'm in desperate need of installing AutoCad back onto my Mac (using Snow Leopard). I used to have AutoCad 2011, but started working funny and incorrectly so I decided to change to the 2013 Student version.

The process goes fine but when I actually have to start the program the first time (to activate it), I get the loading image and then nothing happens (see attached image), it disappears and the program doesn't start.

Could someone please help me? I need to get it started as soon as possible, I have lots of homework to do! Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: schaalanastasia

Welcome to the community Anastasia!

Can you confirm that you're running the most current version / AutoCAD for Mac SP1?

What happens if you try launching the software from a terminal window?

Using Terminal:

Open a Terminal window (the Terminal app is typically found in the /Applications/Utilities folder).
Type /Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD\ 2013/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/AutoCAD -nologo and press return.
Quit the Terminal application.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you.

When I type in what you asked me in Terminal, I get this : "No such file or directory".

I downloaded the latest Service Pack (the 3 I think) and I think I've tried the 1 and it still doesn't work... 

Message 4 of 5

Hello, 

Just letting you know, I solved the problem another way : I did a factory reset of my macbook pro and redownloaded autocad 2013 and now it works fine. I think that when I uninstalled the 2011 version, for some reason it wasn't correctly executed even if I uninstalled it properly (not by simply putting it in the trash). I guess that's what made my autocad crash.

Thank you for trying to help!

Message 5 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: schaalanastasia

You're most very welcome Anastasia and thank you for sharing your solution with the community!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report