Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Transfer License via LTU

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FrancisLiu5060
230 Views, 5 Replies

Failed to Transfer License via LTU

We have an AutoCAD 2012 license that is required to be activated on a new PC due to PC upgrade for end-user, however, we failed to transfer the license via LTU, an error shown that the serial number is invalid. But we are definitely sure that the serial number is correct as we have the box on hand. Could you please kindly help to advise how could we activate the product on the new PC to resume end-user's work with the product. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi FrancisLiu5060,

This error when trying to activate usually comes up when the Serial Number has been Upgraded to a newer version.

To verify if that is the case, please check with the contact person of your License/Licenses or send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 6

Hi Joane,

Please be informed that the serial number is now sent to you via PM.

Thanks.

Francis

Message 4 of 6

Hi Francis,

Indeed your 2012 Serial Number has been Upgraded to its 2013 version. 

I suggest that you use and activate the 2013 version, you can download the software from Matt, our Virtual Agent. Once on the page click on "Downloading New/Updated Product". 

I will send you via PM your 2013 Serial Number. If you choose to continue using the 2012 version and activate it, that would still be possible however do note that once you do 2013 version can no longer be used. Only one version can be installed and activated for Licenses not on Active Subscription. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 6

Hi Joane,

Thanks for your help! I think we will go for the upgrade. Thanks again.

Francis

Message 6 of 6

Francis,

You're welcome!

You can download your 2013 Products from Matt, our Virtual Agent and click on "Downloading New/Update Product".

Once downloaded and installed, you can click here for details on how to Activate it. 

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report