Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed installs of Autodesk Maya 2013 - WIN 64

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cmdilucia
309 Views, 1 Reply

Failed installs of Autodesk Maya 2013 - WIN 64

Hello all,

I'm having a heck of a time getting Maya installed. I have tried at least 6 times, selecting each of the different download methods offered on the site.(install now, download now & browser download).

I know my computer is more than capable of handling the software; Here's what I'm running it on:

Asus intel core i7

64bit

Windows 8

8g ram

loads of storage space

My system shows no firewalls are active

So - here's what I do:

I start the installs, and an few hours later, I get the install log showing that all components but Direct Connect failed.

I have attached screen shots and the install logs for inspection.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...I have to get this installed before next week for class. Im a little stressed out 😕

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
brad_hurley
in reply to: cmdilucia

Hello and Welcome to the community.

You are reporting problems with installing Maya.  I can see from the log you are getting errors with the installation of Direct X Runtime and Microsoft Visual C++.  Please try the following steps to resolve this issue.

Step 1.

Uninstall Direct X and all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ from the program and features.

Step 2.

On the system where you are attempting to install download the software using the virtual agent.

1.       Go to http://www.autodesk.com

2.       Click on Contact Us 

3.       Click on Customer Service 

4.       Click on Virtual Agent “Ask”

5.       Once the Virtual Agent opens: 

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Step 3. 

Prior to running the installer please make sure to complete steps 1-4 from the link.

Quick Start: General installation workflow.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/quick-start-general-installation-workflow.html

Step 4. Run the installer.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report