Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
steriopaul50
4430 Views, 5 Replies

FLEXnet license Finder

I am a mechanical student from holland. Just download and installed the Student version of CFD. I got my serial number and everything. But now when I run CFD it asks me for two thing: 1, specify the license server System or 2, Specify the license file. I have looked but was unable to find any file which could contain my license. So could anyone please help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: steriopaul50

Are you sure that this shouldn't have been the stand-alone version?  Flexnet is a network licensed version.  You probably need to reinstall. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
tmikolaj
in reply to: steriopaul50

i have the same problem.  Is there a license file that someone could post so that those of us who forgot to choose standalone dont have to bother reinstalling?

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: tmikolaj

Whoa!  Buddy, that is the textbook definition of piracy.  If you installed the software license incorrectly, you need to reinstall and do it the right way.  It is a EULA violation to just throw out licenses here.  Be very careful.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
tmikolaj
in reply to: TravisNave

ohh ok. I would think since the software has my serial number and a product key, thats all it needs to be secure. the key thing here just seems to be a nuisance. I ended up uninstalling, and installing under standalone, and it worked.
Message 6 of 6
caunsworth
in reply to: tmikolaj

How do you install as standalone?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report