Installation & Licensing

Distinguished Contributor
subpartner
Message 31 of 38 (677 Views)

Re: FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager

02-21-2012 11:51 AM in reply to: DarrenP

All machines, including the server box are Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit.

I downloaded the lmadmin from Flex yesterday, so I believe it is current.

As for the boxed lmgrd that came with Inventor; I think it was 11.5 - at any rate I checked the version when I started on this sojourn to make sure lmadmin was compatible with the adskflex.exe I have, and it fell within the compatible parameters per this article. I did not however log all version numbers of everything I tried - I would have to reinstall that softare to verify 100%.

The version of adskflex.exe I am using came from the Autodesk Inventor 2012 64-Bit installer.

I have identified two problems:

• Unable to connect to an up and running license server (lmadmin) on the same subnet/workgroup
  • Unable to correctly configure the stock Autodesk Network tools on the server box
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 32 of 38 (674 Views)

02-21-2012 11:53 AM in reply to: subpartner

if your server is windows 7

did you use the IPv6 version of flex lm?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9240698

Distinguished Contributor
subpartner
Message 33 of 38 (672 Views)

02-21-2012 11:57 AM in reply to: DarrenP

uh... I used what came with the installer; if thats not the same then I guess I did not. Thank you for that link, I will give it a go again tomorrow morning  and update the conversation with the results - end of day for me here now.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 34 of 38 (653 Views)

02-22-2012 02:08 PM in reply to: subpartner

If you had another 3rd party app using LMGRD that was working and you added the Autodesk flavor to the mix, that's probably why you were having issues.  Since your other LMGRD works, what you want instead is to combine the license managers into one.  Just use the other one.  Copy in your adskflex.exe vendor daemon and configure the service to use the other lmgrd.exe (upgrade it if necessary.)  All of my instructions are in my Combining License Files KB below in my signature.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
lumccarty
Message 35 of 38 (638 Views)

02-24-2012 03:16 AM in reply to: TravisNave

After resolving my IPv6 issue; lmadmin worked like a charm - no muss, no fuss - straight forward and simple - props for this article; excellent alternative to LMTOOLS/LMGRD.

rohit.khanolkar
Message 36 of 38 (236 Views)

02-18-2014 10:39 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

Sorry about the basic question in this advanced post!

What is the standard network license manager/ software that comes with Autodesk software and is supported by Autodesk?  Is FlexNet Publisher a 3rd party license management software that is not supported by Autodesk?  

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Mentor
Darin.Green
Message 37 of 38 (229 Views)

02-18-2014 10:53 AM in reply to: rohit.khanolkar

The flexnet software that is included with the Autodesk media is supported by Autodesk. The Flexera is the developers of the stardard FlexLM license manager and FLEXnet Publisher, but Autodesk only support the FlexLM license manager "LMTOOLS".

Darin Green
Synergis Technologies

If this resolve your issue/question, give Kudos or Accept as Solution...
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 38 of 38 (222 Views)

02-18-2014 12:26 PM in reply to: rohit.khanolkar

This thread is about an alternative license GUI from Flexera that still uses the same lmgrd master daemon but does not use LMTOOLS.  Instead it is web-based.  It works exactly the same as the one that comes with the Autodesk software because it is the same software.  It is just a different presentation. 

Hope that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube