i think it is pretty cool

hopefully autodesk goes to this with the 2013 products

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 22 of 38 (354 Views)

Re: FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager

10-24-2011 08:40 AM in reply to: Darin.Green

Darin.Green,

If you installed and run it as a service, you can control its startup behavior from Windows services.  I got your PM on creating an installation guide.  I'll probably work on that shortly as it is a good idea.  I am unable to PM you back due to a duplication name conflict in the system.  You might want to send a PM to wrighte and have him take a look. 

Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Distinguished Contributor
Dazzman
Message 23 of 38 (343 Views)

10-25-2011 04:48 AM in reply to: DarrenP

I've been having a play with it and have a couple of issues.

When I test it with my BDSP license it increases the license count of features 73000BLDSYS_2010_0F and 72200ARCHdesk_2010_OF to 2 instead of 1 on that feature it also does the same thing to those features on the other BDSP license that I have the old license system seems to count the correctly?

Next I can see that it shows the HOST that has the license but where does it show that the license is booked out on the old vsystem it used to say linger but I can't see it on this version?

Any ideas.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 24 of 38 (325 Views)

10-25-2011 09:26 AM in reply to: Dazzman

I do not have any duplication of seats showing on mine.  Might be some sort of anomoly or adding the individual seats under Subscription to the Subscruption _F master feature code. 

As for the borrowing, I can confirm that I do not see a location where the status lists that it is borrowed.  Good find...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 25 of 38 (319 Views)

10-25-2011 10:58 AM in reply to: Darin.Green

Darin.Green,

I added a new post for installing the FLEXnet.  You can read it here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Installing-the-FLEXnet-License-Administrator/td...

lumccarty
Message 26 of 38 (269 Views)

02-21-2012 11:12 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Well... this has been a pretty interesting article so far - hope everyone hasn't gone home as I have a few questions.

I am new to Network licensing for Inventor and as such, have newbie issues in that area. I'll lay this out a bit and hopefully someone can help me sort what is going on.

I installed the Adesk Network tools (lmgrd & lmtools) and never could get the license manager to work, nothing has changed since I got my license file, it is as it came to me. I did discover through services that as soon as the service started - it shut down immediately - couldn't figure that one out.

So I tried installing lmadmin, the install went exactly as described on the first page of this article. The license server appears to be up and running in lmadmin with 8 licenses:

1-geo.png

I am not however; able to use them - all my clients report that "myserver" is not responding, I have given lmadmin and adskflex complete access through my firewall - still nothing.

*It should be noted that I do have another application up and running on it's own rebranded (much like what autodesk does) lmgrd and it works just fine. No - there are no port conflicts, I checked all applications and license files thouroughly.

Any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 27 of 38 (264 Views)

02-21-2012 11:18 AM in reply to: lumccarty

the applications that are working are they on the same machines as inventor or are they separate machines?

Distinguished Contributor
subpartner
Message 28 of 38 (261 Views)

02-21-2012 11:35 AM in reply to: DarrenP

Hello Darren,

It is basically a classroom/training environment - all students machines are configured exactly the same and have the same applications on them. So yes, Inventor is side by side with other applications that are using Flex for licensing.

The "server" box is the only machine that does not have the "student" image. All machines are Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit machines and we are on a private subnet/island unto ourselves.

Probably the most confusing part for me has been why the Autodesk Network Tools (lmgrd) wouldn't work at all on the server machine. Do note that I have completely removed the stock Autodesk lmgrd/lmtools at this point in time.

Thank you for your swift reply!

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 29 of 38 (258 Views)

02-21-2012 11:40 AM in reply to: subpartner

what OS is the server?

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 30 of 38 (255 Views)

02-21-2012 11:42 AM in reply to: DarrenP

are you using the latest flex LM which 11.9

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube