Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
TravisNave
10177 Views, 39 Replies

FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager

Have any of you given the latest FLEXnet Publisher NLM a try?  I recently installed it and think the web interface has a lot of future promise for the License Manager.  As you can see, I am currently running it with my Subscription license adskflex vendor. 

1384iD879788E55355353

Enjoy! 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40
tracydavis
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

How did you get this configured correctly?  I have been trying to but can't get it to add the adskflex vendor.  I have put the license file in the same directory as the adskflex.exe.  When I click on import it just goes back to the import screen and doesn't do anything else.

Thanks,

Tracy Davis

Message 3 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: tracydavis

Yeah, I can see how initial setup can be confusing. 

What I did was create a folder named adskflex under the FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager.  That is where I placed the adskflex.exe vendor daemon file.

Then under the licenses folder I created another adskflex folder and placed my .LIC file and my (optional) .opt options file. 

After running the lmadmin and logging in thru the web interface, I went to the Vendor Daemon Configuration tab and pointed to those locations and used port 2080 and saved.  I ran the lmadmin file again (stop and start the service) and verified all was well.  Note that the paths are relative pathing. 

FLEXnet.JPG

That should get you up and running.  You can continue to update the adskflex files with each version and be good to go. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 40
tracydavis

Thanks Travis.  I actually had to go back a version of the FlexNet Publisher.  I was trying to configure 11.10, after everything I did, nothing worked.  I had 11.9 also, so I installed that one and everything configured correctly and is working now.  That makes me nervous however because it is my understanding that Flexera is going away from lmgrd and going with this new interface and adskflex 11.9 does not appear to be compatible with that right now.  Any experience with 11.10 yet?

Tracy

Message 5 of 40
TravisNave

Right now I am only running 11.10 on the lmgrd.exe and LMTOOLS version.  I haven't downloaded the FLEXnet Admin version of 11.10 yet.  Maybe I should go grab it and see if it works. 

I can tell you that my LMTOOLS 11.10 version does work fine with the 11.9 adskflex daemon.  I don't see why the FLEXnet wouldn't... hmm...

At least you seem to be up and running.  The Flexera web interface version really isn't all that bad once you get used to it.  I would expect the old style license manager to go away.  Heck, I figured it would have been gone by now already.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 6 of 40
tracydavis

yea, I didn't have issues with running LMTools 11.10 with lmgrd 11.9 (11.10 isn't available from Flexera right now) and adskflex 11.9. 

I didn't think there was going to be any problems with running the FlexNet admin tool either, but alas.

It is not too bad of an interface.  Hopefully if Autodesk does go with this interface, they do the installation much more user friendly, but if they don't, more job security for me..

Message 7 of 40
TravisNave

I do have the lmgrd.exe version 11.10.  It's still available, they just have pulled the click thru link.  Something about a potential security threat on that version via port 27000.  There's no case of it ever being exploited, but they are just being cautious.  Seems to still work just fine on my Autodesk licenses.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 40
DarrenP

is this free?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren,

In fact it is.  There is a more advanced version you can buy, of course, but the one I use is free.  Feel free to try it out.  Simply download the Windows version of lmadmin at the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

The latest version at the time of this post is 11.10.0.2.  (filename: lmadmin-i86_n3-11_10_0_2.exe)

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 40
DarrenP

i can't get the vendor daemon to work this is the error i am getting: Vendor daemon executable doesn't exist.

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 40
TravisNave

Right.  You need to go grab a copy of your adskflex.exe vendor file and place it in with your FLEXnet files.  See an example of that in my screenshot posted above.  Should work for you there.  

Once configured, you should be all set.  It has a bit of a learning curve getting it set up. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 40
DarrenP

i don't think i am doing this right

this where i have the adskflex.exe: C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager\adskflex

it keeps saying it can't find it

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 40
TravisNave

That is the correct location.  Same one I am using.  In the box where you point to the vendor daemon, are you using the relative path of adskflex/adskflex.exe as shown in my (2nd) screen shot?

My adskflex.exe vendor location is here:

C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager\adskflex

My *.lic license location is here:

C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager\licenses\adskflex

My adskflex.log file is here:

C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager\logs

EDIT: Darren, I am also using version 11.9 and not 11.10.  It's possible this isn't working in the latest release.  I am going to download and update now to find out.  If it doesn't work, I'll see about hooking you up with 11.9. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 40
DarrenP

i got past that part now i am running into critical errors now

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 15 of 40
TravisNave

Anything particular?  I am upgrading now at the moment.  We'll see how this works here on 11.10.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 40
TravisNave

Ah, I see.  The critical (red) errors that you are seeing along with the number of warning (yellow) errors are simply logging.  They can be X'd out.  They were logged likely during intial setup.  You can change what gets logged in the administration settings. 

On the Dashboard, click Concurrent and you should see your available licenses.  You should also be able to connect now with your Autodesk application.  Even my adskflex.opt is running and reserving licenses on it. 

Running latest 11.10.0.2 version now.  Working fine. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 40
DarrenP

its working now

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 18 of 40
TravisNave

Excellent.  Use it for awhile and let me know what you think.  If and when the system goes to this, we're gonna need all the experience we can get!!

Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 40
DarrenP

i like it better already

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 20 of 40
Darin.Green

I been using it for a while now. I just had to drop the lmadmin.exe into my startup apps so I don't have to run it every time my machine reboot. Most importantly, I can access it the html from any machine on the domain without using remote desktop.

What do you think about it?

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report