Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 1 of 38 (3,250 Views)
Accepted Solution

FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager

3250 Views, 37 Replies
10-25-2010 03:21 PM

Have any of you given the latest FLEXnet Publisher NLM a try?  I recently installed it and think the web interface has a lot of future promise for the License Manager.  As you can see, I am currently running it with my Subscription license adskflex vendor. 

1384iD879788E55355353

Enjoy! 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Contributor
tracydavis
Message 2 of 38 (3,027 Views)

Re: FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager

09-09-2011 09:09 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

How did you get this configured correctly?  I have been trying to but can't get it to add the adskflex vendor.  I have put the license file in the same directory as the adskflex.exe.  When I click on import it just goes back to the import screen and doesn't do anything else.

Thanks,

Tracy Davis

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 38 (3,025 Views)

09-09-2011 09:28 AM in reply to: tracydavis

Yeah, I can see how initial setup can be confusing. 

What I did was create a folder named adskflex under the FLEXnet Publisher License Server Manager.  That is where I placed the adskflex.exe vendor daemon file.

Then under the licenses folder I created another adskflex folder and placed my .LIC file and my (optional) .opt options file. 

After running the lmadmin and logging in thru the web interface, I went to the Vendor Daemon Configuration tab and pointed to those locations and used port 2080 and saved.  I ran the lmadmin file again (stop and start the service) and verified all was well.  Note that the paths are relative pathing. 

FLEXnet.JPG

That should get you up and running.  You can continue to update the adskflex files with each version and be good to go. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Contributor
tracydavis
Message 4 of 38 (3,012 Views)

09-09-2011 11:06 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis.  I actually had to go back a version of the FlexNet Publisher.  I was trying to configure 11.10, after everything I did, nothing worked.  I had 11.9 also, so I installed that one and everything configured correctly and is working now.  That makes me nervous however because it is my understanding that Flexera is going away from lmgrd and going with this new interface and adskflex 11.9 does not appear to be compatible with that right now.  Any experience with 11.10 yet?

Tracy

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 5 of 38 (3,010 Views)

09-09-2011 11:11 AM in reply to: tracydavis

Right now I am only running 11.10 on the lmgrd.exe and LMTOOLS version.  I haven't downloaded the FLEXnet Admin version of 11.10 yet.  Maybe I should go grab it and see if it works. 

I can tell you that my LMTOOLS 11.10 version does work fine with the 11.9 adskflex daemon.  I don't see why the FLEXnet wouldn't... hmm...

At least you seem to be up and running.  The Flexera web interface version really isn't all that bad once you get used to it.  I would expect the old style license manager to go away.  Heck, I figured it would have been gone by now already.

Contributor
tracydavis
Message 6 of 38 (3,004 Views)

09-09-2011 11:28 AM in reply to: TravisNave

yea, I didn't have issues with running LMTools 11.10 with lmgrd 11.9 (11.10 isn't available from Flexera right now) and adskflex 11.9. 

I didn't think there was going to be any problems with running the FlexNet admin tool either, but alas.

It is not too bad of an interface.  Hopefully if Autodesk does go with this interface, they do the installation much more user friendly, but if they don't, more job security for me..

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 7 of 38 (3,002 Views)

09-09-2011 11:47 AM in reply to: tracydavis

I do have the lmgrd.exe version 11.10.  It's still available, they just have pulled the click thru link.  Something about a potential security threat on that version via port 27000.  There's no case of it ever being exploited, but they are just being cautious.  Seems to still work just fine on my Autodesk licenses.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 8 of 38 (2,915 Views)

10-20-2011 08:47 AM in reply to: TravisNave

is this free?

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 9 of 38 (2,912 Views)

10-20-2011 08:53 AM in reply to: DarrenP

Darren,

In fact it is.  There is a more advanced version you can buy, of course, but the one I use is free.  Feel free to try it out.  Simply download the Windows version of lmadmin at the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

The latest version at the time of this post is 11.10.0.2.  (filename: lmadmin-i86_n3-11_10_0_2.exe)

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 10 of 38 (2,906 Views)

10-20-2011 09:40 AM in reply to: TravisNave

i can't get the vendor daemon to work this is the error i am getting: Vendor daemon executable doesn't exist.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube