Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
MikeHoward7348
14226 Views, 1 Reply

FLEXnet License Finder

I have the 2011 architecture and engineering education suite installed in my lab. The license file was installed on the server. I recently received new workstations and the applications were installed on an individual workstation which was then ghosted to the other workstations. Sometimes, we will get the following message when attempting to open an application:

FLEXnet License Finder

Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license server manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following: Specify the license server system OR Specify the license file.

I tried to specify the license file and was able to browse to the file, but it still would not get a license.

This is not a consistant problem as sometimes I/we can open the applications, and sometimes we cannot, even within the same day.

I have attempted a repair installlation and even uninstalled an application and then created a new deployment installation. Neither attempt resolved the problem. The server is 32-bit and the workstations are 64-bit Windows 7.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: MikeHoward7348

You want to specify the license server system and put in the hostname of your NLM server. 

You should also create two system environment variables on your clients.  One named ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with a value of @SERVERNAME where servername is the hostname of your NLM server as well as one named FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000 (one-million equalling one second of polling time.)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

If you PING the server from the client and receive an unfamilar IPv6 response instead of the typical xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx formatted response, consider making a change to your Windows HOSTS file to resolve this issue.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report