Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions for Revit Arch 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
beauabrown
373 Views, 3 Replies

Extensions for Revit Arch 2012

I have just installed Revit Extensions on my machine running Win 7. It seems the family files for the Bridges extension are installed into the Public folders (namely "C:\Users\Public\Autodesk\REX\2012\Revit\Bridges\...") However, due to the way my network sharing is set up, I do not want files associated with programs in the Public folders.

If I move the files to another folder, (i.e. ProgramData) I get an error message when using the Bridges extension. Is there a .cfg or .xml file that is referencing these files that I can change?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: beauabrown

I think that there is an Options button when you click on the R menu to change the path to another folder.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
beauabrown
in reply to: david.lau

The options dialog under 'File Locations' that you refer to only lists places associated with the main program, not revit extensions...

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: beauabrown

I have confirmed via the Revit Clinic Team and the Extensions are hard coded and the paths cannot be changed.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report