Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending license for student Autocad

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rebeccavo
10725 Views, 6 Replies

Extending license for student Autocad

Hello,

I have a 1 year lisence for Autocad as a student that will expire in November and I would like to extend it.  Can I do that?

Thank you.

Revecca

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hashim.mundol
in reply to: rebeccavo

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=community_faq

15. I have a software title from the Education Community that will expire soon. Is it possible to get an extension so I can keep using the license?
Yes. Education Community members have three options to extend their licenses:

1. Download the next version from the Education Community.
  2. Purchase a student version. Visit www.autodesk.com/reseller to locate the reseller nearest you.
  3. Request a new serial number in the Software Center on the Education Community. A new serial number will be issued if at least 35 months have elapsed from the time the first one was issued. You must enter the new serial number before the first one expires; otherwise you will need to uninstall and reinstall your software.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
PiotrMac
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hello, what is Software Center? Where I can find it, to ask for a new series code. Please let me know. I have 21 days remaining and I am used to an old 3ds 2011 version and would prefer not download a new one. Thx for help

Message 4 of 7
camilo.lemos
in reply to: PiotrMac

Hi PiotrMac, 

Please, click on this link to be directed to the Education Community. Once there, go to Free Software, select the product and version you need and you should be given a new serial number for your product.

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 7
PiotrMac
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you for your quick response, I found it easily. The only problem is that the oldest available version is from 2012 and I have 3ds max 2011. Does it mean I cannot extend it. If that’s the case, I'll just switch to 2012 or newer...

Message 6 of 7
pendean
in reply to: rebeccavo

Students get current software once older ones "expire". It's a perk to keep you current and viable to employers when you graduate.
Don't be a new graduate with old skills no one wants.
Message 7 of 7
PiotrMac
in reply to: pendean

That makes perfect sens. Thx everyone for your help. I'll just download a new one, then.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report