Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
283 Views, 2 Replies

Express Tools Problem

For some reason the Express folder in my install image for Land Desktop 2005 is empty. I tried recreating it and it is still empty. I use Group Policy to manage CAD software so for a work around I just set up a policy for express tools separate from Land Desktop. It seemed to install fine when the computer booted up but when going into Land Desktop I get this error at the command line and the express tools don't load up. acet-reg-get: cannot open subkey Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.1\ACAD-308:409\ExpressTools I can manually compile the menu and everything works ok but a lot of the icons on the toolbars have the little clouds with the '?' in them rather than the correct button image. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling them and it didn't make any difference. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? And does anyone know why AutoDesk hasn't implemented these tools in the core AutoCAD so that we don't have to mess with the extra install??? Thanks, Pete
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Pete,
This was not a problem with Land Desktop 2004. When you checked the box to include Express Tool installation in 2004 it worked. Knowing the correct behavior in 2004 I attempted to do the same thing with LDT 2005 but the Express Tools did not install. ...Must be a new installation problem. Here's how I'm working around the issue: On disk two of LDT 2005 I located a folder named "Express" inside the "Support" folder. I manually copied the entire "Express" folder to my Installation Image location. At my installation Image location I have a folder for LDT2005, CivilDesign2005, etc. I copied the "Express" folder to that location and renamed it "Express2005" to be consistant. I trigger my Autodesk software deployment with a batch file I have written so I simply added added the following line to my batch file: msiexec /i "\\DEPLOYMENTFOLDERNAME\Express2005\ExpressTools.msi" /qb ACAD_SILENT_LICENSE=YES
My Express Tools 2005 now install as part of the process. I placed the Express Tool installation after LDT2005 but before CivilDesign2005. This "fix" works great for me. I hope this helps you with your problem. Mike Partenheimer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I copied the files to the install location in the original LDT2005 image manually. They install fine if I run the install manually but not with Group Policy. This is consistent with what was happening with 2004. With 2004 I did as you suggest by making another image location for the express tools and added a GP to install it separately. Pete "Partenheimer" wrote in message news:28332671.1083180444337.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Pete, > This was not a problem with Land Desktop 2004. When you checked the box to include Express Tool installation in 2004 it worked. Knowing the correct behavior in 2004 I attempted to do the same thing with LDT 2005 but the Express Tools did not install. ...Must be a new installation problem. Here's how I'm working around the issue: On disk two of LDT 2005 I located a folder named "Express" inside the "Support" folder. I manually copied the entire "Express" folder to my Installation Image location. At my installation Image location I have a folder for LDT2005, CivilDesign2005, etc. I copied the "Express" folder to that location and renamed it "Express2005" to be consistant. I trigger my Autodesk software deployment with a batch file I have written so I simply added added the following line to my batch file: msiexec /i "\\DEPLOYMENTFOLDERNAME\Express2005\ExpressTools.msi" /qb ACAD_SILENT_LICENSE=YES > My Express Tools 2005 now install as part of the process. I placed the Express Tool installation after LDT2005 but before CivilDesign2005. This "fix" works great for me. I hope this helps you with your problem. Mike Partenheimer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report