Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
cambium
601 Views, 5 Replies

Exporting License

I am trying to uninstall AutoCAD2010 from one computer and install it on another computer, but can't. When I try to export the license I can't. Any advice - even how to talk to someone at Autodesk as to why I can't move my copy of Autocad to a new computer?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: cambium

Forget the export. Simply reinstall your new computer and activate from there. There is no reason to worry about why the license transfer utility doesn't work. Once activated, remove the application from your old computer. If you have problems with activation of your 2nd computer, you can contact Autodesk Activations at 1-800-551-1490.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
subpartner

Which message you obtain when you try to export the license?
Are you following the process as described in the video solution Online License Transfer in Autodesk 2010 Products?

Regards

Antonio Barroca
Autodesk Product Support

We appreciate your quick feedback on this forum!

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6367498⤊
Message 4 of 6
cambium

Even though I only have one seat - won't there be an issue of having two licensed at the same time? And yes - I am following the procedure - it is saying I have exported the license too many times - but I am not sure I ever have exported it.
Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

Technically, the EULA allows you to have a second activation on a portable computer. So long as you are not using both at the same time and only you have access to the application, then you are not violating the license agreement. You can spend all day trying to figure out why the license transfer utility doesn't work, or you can reactivate the product and be up and running now. If you are worried about license compliance, simply uninstall your other computer once the new one is up and running. Switching to a new computer is common and quite understood. If online activation doesn't work, you can get an activation code from Autodesk at the number I provided above. That's what I'd recommend. 😃 Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
cambium

Great - thanks for the licensing information and the advice. I will be uninstalling it from this computer - just moving to a new computer - so thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report