Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in acmgd.dll ARX Command - Unhandled Exception E0434F4D

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
david.lau
35771 Views, 24 Replies

Exception in acmgd.dll ARX Command - Unhandled Exception E0434F4D

Using Windows 7 x64 and running AutoCAD 2010/2011, you will get the following error:

Unhandled Exception E0434F4D(e0434f4dh) at address 7c81EB33h

Please find the solution in the AutoCAD section:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2006/Exception-in-acmgd-dll-ARX-Command/td-p/1599600

Add "Read" and "Read and Execute" to the local group "Users" for the file:

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config"

David Lau
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
nathan
in reply to: david.lau

To clarify, I had to change the file inside the Framework64 directory, not the Framework directory.

Path:  

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config

Message 3 of 25
crossley

I'm getting the same error on a user's Windows 7 64-bit laptop.  Trying to get support is like having a root canal.  I've had a support case open (06536905) since June 10 & have heard absolutely nothing from Autodesk.  For the price you have to pay for this product, you'd think they'd have a support team.  I've even sent several emails to Product Support, begging for a reply to my case.  The only response I got was priceless: Autodesk has upgraded our CRM system to Salesforce.com. As part of this upgrade, all open and recent Service Requests have been migrated to the new system. To update your issue, log into your online Autodesk portal and select the appropriate Case. All emails to this address will not be read by Autodesk.

I had to uninstall AutoCAD LT 2012 from the user's laptop and reinstall AutoCAD LT 2008, because (for some strange reason), he needed to complete a drawing.  Now, I have to wait for him to free up his laptop for a couple hours so that I can try again.

WORST SUPPORT TEAM EVER.

Message 4 of 25
ITGuy2
in reply to: crossley

I also ran into this issue on a Windows 7 64-bit laptop.  The solution is relatively simple if you think about it. 

The original post was from back in 2008 and was referencing the .NET v2.0x folder.  With the 2012 version, it requires .NET 4.0.  So I went in and made the same permissions modification to the same files under the v4.0 folder instead. However, in my case, I was adding "domain users" permissions to the files.  Worked like a charm!

Message 5 of 25
david.lau
in reply to: ITGuy2

In a recent case, we had to add Users and Everyone full control to this file:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config

Everything worked as expected.  The target computer was running Windows 7 x64.

David Lau
Message 6 of 25
TOOCH

The target computer in my case is running Windows 7 32-bit.

Should I change the permissions of this file then?

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config

Message 7 of 25
Coupee36

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem on a 64bit Win7 systems as well.  Though its a simple fix, but does anyone know how to avoid this problem prior to the installation, because my users are setup as domain users and its becoming a pain upgrading 10 workstations and having to change the file permission on each workstation, its just an addiiotonal step that ends up time consuming.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 25
deltacoolguy

@david.lau wrote:

In a recent case, we had to add Users and Everyone full control to this file:

Everything worked as expected.  The target computer was running Windows 7 x64.

Could I get a lay description how do do this?  Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 9 of 25
david.lau
Message 10 of 25
deltacoolguy

I wasn't sure *where* or *how* to make these changes/additions, but I think I figured that part out.  Right-click on these files listed and pick 'properties', correct?

Ok, so I did that, and it appears that "read" and "read & execute" are already seleted for all options.  My user name is also the primary administrator, and that one has "full control".  When I tried to change my user to add "full control" I get an error message and it will not allow me to make the change.

I even looked under 'properties' for C'/USERS, and those appear to have the same settings.

What am I missing?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 11 of 25
david.lau

Check out this sample video.....

David Lau
Message 12 of 25
jtownsend1980

Hello,

I have followed the instructions in this thread posted by David Lau and still recieve the error.

I am installing AutoCAD LT 2013 64bit on Windows 7 64bit.

I didn't see any access denieds in procmon either, even running with Admin rights the first time doesn't resolve it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 13 of 25
david.lau

Pleas add Everyone to the folder permissions.  Please check out the video in a previous post.

David Lau
Message 14 of 25
jtownsend1980

Still no go :/.

Both these folders and all files under them have Everyone and Users with Full Control:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config

This is my exact error, which is different from the error initially mentioned, is it safe to assume this is the same error?

Unhandled Exception 2241301 (e0434352h) at address FDC6CACDh

Thanks for your help and quick response.

Message 15 of 25
david.lau
in reply to: jtownsend1980

Open Google and type this in:

unhandled site:http://upandready.typepad.com/

See if any hits come up.  Unhandled errors are notoriously difficult to resolve.  It could be anything.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/civil-3d-2012-unhandled-access-violation-reading-...

David Lau
Message 16 of 25
jtownsend1980

I was able to resolve this by doing an uninstall of Dot Net 4.0 + using the Dot Net clean up utility here, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx.

A basic uninstall did not fix it, I guess something got corrupted within .net 4.0 along the way.

I appreciate your help, thanks.

Message 17 of 25
deltacoolguy

Watched the video, got the permissions set, still won't work.

I find it interesting that C3D 2011 will open, but 2012 and 2013 will not.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 18 of 25
dan.murphy

I found that my machine.config was missing from the folder. I copied the machine.config.default file from another computer, added it to the folder and then made a copy of it an renamed it machine.config and AutoCad 2018 came back to life.

-Dan

Message 19 of 25
SIA_Design
in reply to: dan.murphy

Dan, I'm having the same issue with my CAD 2018..I work from home so don't have access to another computer to copy/paste the config...would you mind attaching here??

Message 20 of 25
natasha.l
in reply to: SIA_Design

Hello @SIA_Design

Welcome back. 

Please locating the following locations to set the proper permissions or try method 2. 

Method 1 
Add Read and Read & Execute to the group Users and/or Everyone for the following files: 

Windows XP/Vista/7 x86 (32 bit)
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config 
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config 

Windows XP/Vista/7 x64 (64 bit)
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config 

To add Everyone to the folder permission, please review this video. 

https://autode.sk/2L5MSpK

Method 2 
1. Uninstall all .Net version in Program and Features 
2. Download dotnet 4 and 4.5.2 from Microsoft website. 
Dotnet 4  
Dotnet 4.5.2 

3. Once installation complete, start AutoCAD to check again. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report