Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors During Wks Installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
274 Views, 2 Replies

Errors During Wks Installation

Hi,

I have a current single network license server that was running and had a deployment created. Also all wks had the app installed.

This server needs to be removed, so I did a new installation on another server, same network, I did uninstall first the app on  each wks from add and remove programs and then run the install on the new server, install the license manager, request a new license file and create the new deployment. I removed the old server license service and shut down the service. License server on the new server is running fine and the deployment was created successfully, but when I go to any wks and navigate thru the deployment path and execute, I get the installation wizard that it shows the license type, product information, the server name etc, then when I click next  it give me an error that say :

“ ERROR 1324  the folder path program files contains an invalid character “

After I click OK on the message comes another one:

“ Fatal Error During Installation # 205 failed to run AdskExecuteSequence”

Does anyone have any clue why this is happening ? or how can i fix it and complete each wks install correctly.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

It is not necessary to reinstall the workstation if your NLM sever was moved.  You simply need to point the applications already installed to the new NLM server.  You can use a system variable named ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with a value of @servername where you put the name of your new server. 

Check your deployment path creation for invalid paths.  Make sure you are using UNC paths for the deployment location and default locations for the client.  Make sure you are not using roaming profiles or moving system folders like My Documents to a server location.  If all else fails, install from your physical media. 

Here is some more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;292582

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report