Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reinstalling Inventor Professional 2011

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jfitzpat
213 Views, 0 Replies

Error reinstalling Inventor Professional 2011

Hi,

We have several seats of AutoCAD Inventor Professional 2011 that we have been very happily using - all as stand alone, single machine licenses. A few days ago I set out to replace/upgrade one of the workstations. I first deactivated the existing install, following the instructions to put the license on my account.

Next, I reinstalled on the new machine, (Windows 7, 64 bit), from the original DVDs, all went fine. But activation fails, reporting Invalid Serial Number.

I tried the built in help, but it collects a bunch of information from me (including entering the serial number again) and takes me to the root of a generic support page online. So I followed those links and was sent to a .zip file of a form to fill out to request licensing assistance. That .zip file is corrupt. So I repeated the process again, and the .zip file is still corrupt.

So I logged into my AutoCAD account and tried to request an authorization that way, again, Serial Number Invalid. So I tried to review my account, no licenses listed.

I did read the FAQ, and it seems to imply that product serial numbers become invalid after 3 releases, so 2014 presumably 'invalidated' our 2011 serial numbers. However, I have reviewed the original purchase paperwork and believe that this constraint is probably incorrectly being applied to us. Nonetheless, I would be willing to be extorted into renewing one or more of our subscriptions - but after talking to our reseller, it does not appear that would correct our problem.

The reseller might be confused, but it seems that they would only be able to upgrade the workstation. I cannot upgrade. That's why we let our subscription lapse. We are contractually obligated to continue using 2011 for another 18 months.

Suggestions anyone? 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report