Installation & Licensing

klau25
Message 1 of 5 (186 Views)

Error message when opening up Autocad 2012

186 Views, 4 Replies
01-30-2012 01:07 PM

Hi

I am having trouble with my autocad 2012. When i open the software it comes up with the following error message 'The security system (softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed.'  Please help me find a solution to solve this as i have enrolled on a autocad course and i have a deadline to meet.

I have installed the 32 bit version using the dvd that we sent to me.

Im using Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Thank You!

Kathy

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 5 (162 Views)

Re: Error message when opening up Autocad 2012

01-31-2012 07:48 AM in reply to: klau25

This is typically a file/folder permissions issue.  You need to give full rights permission to the 'everyone' group on the following folder and its files:

On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Once the access has been granted to the included adskflex_...data files, it should launch without error.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
klau25
Message 3 of 5 (149 Views)

02-01-2012 03:54 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Hi

I am using on a stand alone pc. so i do not know how to give full right permission to everyone?

Thanks

Kathy

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 5 (146 Views)

02-01-2012 07:44 AM in reply to: klau25

Right-click on the folder and go to Properties.  On the security tab, add 'everyone' to the permissions and give it full rights.  Extend it to all files and folders if/when prompted.  Click OK. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
klau25
Message 5 of 5 (133 Views)

02-02-2012 06:14 AM in reply to: klau25

Hi

Thank you for your suggestion!

Kathy

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube