Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in the ADLM log file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Valin
232 Views, 1 Reply

Error message in the ADLM log file

I have a server that keeps getting the following message posted to the log file. "[0]: Missed packet: Bad file descriptor." The message does not affect the user getting a license so I'm just curious as to what the message is and if there is something I should do to prevent this from occuring? TIA
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Valin

David-
It pretty much means just what it says. The adlm server received a packet from a client
computer, but the packet was corrupt. It's just letting you know that it dropped a
packet. If this doesn't occur very often it shouldn't be a big deal. If it is occurring
regularly it could become a problem. The packet that it's missing is likely the
"heartbeat" between the server and client. Either side is allowed to "miss" a heartbeat
every now and then and not be dropped. If enough misses occur in sequence then the server
will "pull" the license from the client and the client will have to close and re-open
autocad.

hth

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"Valin" wrote in message news:f07967a.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have a server that keeps getting the following message posted to the log file. "[0]:
Missed packet: Bad file descriptor." The message does not affect the user getting a
license so I'm just curious as to what the message is and if there is something I should
do to prevent this from occuring? TIA
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report