Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
431 Views, 2 Replies

Error message 1.5-4

Hi List

I have a 10 license flexlm server for Autocad Map 2004 series. Until recently everything was working fine, but all of a sudden one of the client pcs failed to load Autocad with a 1.5-4 error. The help guide tells me this means all of my licenses are used up, but the license manager tells me they are not, and other machines can load the software. I have restarted the license server and the client machine to no avail. I have also reinstalled the software, and the debug log says it was installed/deployed correctly.

One thing that I am worried about is that originally this machine was on a different network, and getting its license from a different license server. Is it possible that it is still trying to get its license from the old server despite the software being reinstalled from a deployment designed to point at the new server? I am unsure how to check exactly where it is trying to get the license from.

Thanks for your help

Jo
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

jo.cook said the following on 1/5/2006 11:21 AM:
> Hi List
>
> I have a 10 license flexlm server for Autocad Map 2004 series. Until recently everything was working fine, but all of a sudden one of the client pcs failed to load Autocad with a 1.5-4 error. The help guide tells me this means all of my licenses are used up, but the license manager tells me they are not, and other machines can load the software. I have restarted the license server and the client machine to no avail. I have also reinstalled the software, and the debug log says it was installed/deployed correctly.
>
> One thing that I am worried about is that originally this machine was on a different network, and getting its license from a different license server. Is it possible that it is still trying to get its license from the old server despite the software being reinstalled from a deployment designed to point at the new server? I am unsure how to check exactly where it is trying to get the license from.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Jo

There are a few places it may be looking to determine from where it
should pull the license.

See: http://support.autodesk.com/Getdoc.asp?ID=TS71384

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks,

Renaming the license file fixed the problem.

Jo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report