Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installint Inventor 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
953 Views, 8 Replies

Error installint Inventor 2012

Hello - I have a user who is getting a very strange error message during the initialization process, see attached JPGs.  We have replaced the dll with one from an setup that we know works, I have had him delete the .pit file from the machine he's trying to install the program on, does not work.  He's never had Inventor 2012 installed on this machine.  64 bit installation on Windows 7.

thanks,

Tracy Davis

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HelenChen-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Could you please try to copy the insallation package of Inventor to the local machine and install from it directly to see whether still have this problem?

Regards,

Helen

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: HelenChen-Autodesk

Sorry, I forgot to put in the original message that we did try to copy the installation locally.  I also had the user download from a known good copy of Inventor and it did not work either.

Tracy

Message 4 of 9
HelenChen-Autodesk

Hello,

Are you using Education version of Inventor 2012? The installation package is downloaded from network or you have DVD of Inventor 2012 installer? Did you try to launch the setup.exe in other machines with from same installer source to see whether see the same problem?

And could you please check out whether the file version and the size of adlmPIT.dll in the installer?

My version is: 4.0.35.0

Size is: 1.28 MB (1,348,008 bytes)

Regards,

Helen

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: HelenChen-Autodesk

Thanks Helen for the response.  It is education version and we have tried DVD and downloaded versions.  I have also had the user download the software from subscription center along with my companies FTP site, same result.  He was successful with installing the software on another machine, so it's something on this particular machine that is causing the issue, which is his master machine and has quite a bit of Autodesk software on it already and he doesn't want to have to uninstall everything if completely possible.

Message 6 of 9
blokmech

Tracy,

Did you solved the problem? I have the same issue. I'm trying to install the product design suite on a citrix vm, and I get the same messages. I need this for a test-environment for a PDM-system.

Regards,

Nico Blok

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: blokmech

Nico,

To be honest, I don't remember what the solution was.  I've looked back through emails and cases around that time and can't seem to locate this one.  Sorry.

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: blokmech

Keep in mind that not all Autodesk products are supported in the Citrix environment and requires special licensing to remain compliant with the EULA.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-EULA-and-non-Citrix-Virtualization/td-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 9
blokmech

I fixed the issue. I have made a installation image with a fysical workstation. I used that image to install on the Citrix machine.

About the license: This is a dedicated VM which will run for a maybe a week or two, to test a new version of the PDM system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report