Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing Update - Any help out there please?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
robert.ruhe
257 Views, 0 Replies

Error installing Update - Any help out there please?

After multiple crashes, Autodesk sent me the following notification:

Maintenance Update Available
We have analyzed the error report CER_82554556 you submitted. While we have not yet determined the solution to the error, we have detected that the latest maintenance update has not yet been installed for your product.
We recommend that you install this maintenance update, or contact your system administrator.
Submit Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2013 R1 X64 6.0.0.96 - test of sp
Submit Readme
Note: You must log in as an Administrator to install updates. For more information about the update, see the Readme file provided.
If you want to contact Customer Support to follow up on this issue, please provide the error report number for tracking purposes.

I already have 6.0.0.96 installed so I'm not sure why it's telling me I don't have it installed. Plus the links in this notification go nowhere - so that's not very helpful. I manually navigate to the data downloads for publisher, try downloading the proper update (even though it's already installed) and when I run it, I get this error for the Windows Installer: The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

I know that I have the right upgrade patch. I know that the software is not missing. I don't know why this is happening. I have removed the software and reinstalled. I've gone back to 2012. I've put 2013 back on. I put 2013 R1 back on. I've been jumping through hoops with no success. I get no real support or answers from the Autodesk people - maybe a kind fellow user can help me?

This is past being ridiculous.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report