Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Msg Seen During Installaiton "Cant find setupUi.dll"

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
katvplummer
53301 Views, 11 Replies

Error Msg Seen During Installaiton "Cant find setupUi.dll"

To Whom This May Concern:

A couple of days ago, I attempted to install the AutoCAD LT 2013 software on my laptop from a CD media. Before I could continue with the installation process, an error message comes on that says, "Can't find setupUi.dll".

To rectify the problem, I have done the following:

1) Logged on to Twitter and posted my problem and was given the following suggestions:

a) Copy the media files into my hard drive. 

Result: After this process, I proceeded to load the files from there. No luck was encountered as the same error

message was displayed.

b) Download AutoCAD LT from autodesk.com.

Result: Action was unsuccessful due to a virus detection message generated by my company's internet protection software.

2) Visited autodesk.com and downloaded free trial version of AutoCAD LT 2013.

Result: Files were successfully downloaded

3) Loaded AutoCAD files after performing action #2, but unfortunately, same error message was displayed again.

Result: I'm not happy, so I created this post to obtain further technical support.

Please help asap.......

PS

Based on my knowledge, this particular CD that I have was purchased last year and was first registered back in April 2012.

Sincerely,

Katherine Plummer

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
byron.morales
in reply to: katvplummer

Hello Katherine:

Please create a new local user account onto the computer and give it administrator permissions. Then log into the computer with this newly created test account. Turn Off UAC (user account control settings) in the control panel, then Turn off your Antivirus program and proceed to install by Right Clicking on the setup.exe and selecting to Run As Admionistrator.

Let me know if the above helps to install the program, if it fails please post the Setup.log and the Install.log found under the %temp% folder.

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 3 of 12
katvplummer
in reply to: byron.morales

Tried what you suggested and smae thing happened. Attached is the Setup log file.

Message 4 of 12
katvplummer

Byron,

FYI: The other day, I downloaded a free trial of this AutoCAD LT 2013 in 32-Bit file from your website. This action didn't seem to solve my problem. Today, I logged in again and downloaded a 64-bit file from your website, and again, the same issue remains. Today, I elected to have my HelpDesk focals assist me with this issue...two hours into it, I'm still at square one. 

From what I heard, my teammates also had problems installing this SW in their PCs. I'm just the lucky one who cannot proceed at all at this point. As far as I know, we bought enough licenses, so this can't be the cause of this problem. It makes me ask though as to why is it so difficult to install this program? What am I doing wrong? This has been the most times I've spent installing a SW, which of course, translates to downtime in my productivity. Please help asap.

Thank you....

Kat

Message 5 of 12
katvplummer

Byron,

FYI: The other day, I downloaded a free trial of this AutoCAD LT 2013 in 32-Bit file from your website. This action didn't seem to solve my problem. Today, I logged in again and downloaded a 64-bit file from your website, and again, the same issue remains. Today, I elected to have my HelpDesk focals assist me with this issue...two hours into it, I'm still at square one.

From what I heard, my teammates also had problems installing this SW in their PCs. I'm just the lucky one who cannot proceed at all at this point. As far as I know, we bought enough licenses, so this can't be the cause of this problem. It makes me ask though as to why is it so difficult to install this program? What am I doing wrong? This has been the most times I've spent installing a SW, which of course, translates to downtime in my productivity. Please help asap.

Thank you....

Kat

Message 6 of 12
byron.morales

Hello Katherine:

It could be a permissions issue, since you mentioned that your co-workers have also ran into problems installing.

We created a support case for you and we'll contact you through the case to help you resolve this issue.

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 7 of 12
katvplummer
in reply to: byron.morales

Byron,

I sent you my contact information. Please let me know if you can accomodate the specified time. If not, then I'm available again around 3PM today.

Sincerely,

Kat 

Message 8 of 12
daniel26

Hello,

at the moment we have the same problem installing AutoCadLT 2013.

Is there any sollution available?

Regards

Daniel

Message 9 of 12
istech
in reply to: daniel26

Found a solution that works.

Copy the Disks to the Hard drive.  Doesn't matter where.  C:\AutoCAD\ for example

This is the STUPID part... Rename a directory in the newly copied folder.

C:\AutoCAD\setup

to

C:\AutoCAD\Setup  <--- Case sensitive "S"

Run install and it works.

If you open up the setup INI file, you'll see the reference is to .\Setup\SetupUi.dll. Disregard the fact that the error message shows the file as setupUi.dll and just leave the file alone. Just rename the directory like I stated above and call it a day.

*** Edited shoes to shows

Message 10 of 12
daniel26

Thanks, that works. Very strange.

Regards

Daniel

Message 11 of 12
nusrat1046
in reply to: daniel26

Hi I deleted some registry accidently. now when I tried to repair Revit 2018 it says "Cant find setupUi.dll" and it does not let me to proceed next steps. 

Can you guys help me how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Message 12 of 12
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: nusrat1046

@nusrat1046

Why are you playing around with your registry?  Worse thing you can do...  Smiley Wink

At this point you will need to run Microsoft Fixit and remove the Revit product.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report