Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Install files corrupt

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
dirttraxx
23830 Views, 14 Replies

Error: Install files corrupt

Hi, I've been trying to install the student software of inventor professional on my win 7 64 bit pc, which I accidentally unistalled.  However, it says

"Error

Some installation files are corrupt

Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation"

I've tried like 4 times, downloading it at school twice and at home twice.  Same thing every time.  I got less CRC errors though when i deleted the autodesk folder in the APPDATA folder, on the C drive, and in the Program Files folder.

It looked like most of the errors were in the x64 folder in the autodesk folder on the C drive

Is there something that wasn't uninstalled correctly that I should delete?

Please Help!!

Untitled.png

Notice the bar and how far it got.... so close!!!

...yet so far....

Thanks  in advance!!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dirttraxx
in reply to: dirttraxx

By the way, I have the whole log of the installation, one that has everything and one with only errors.

Ask me if you want them.

Message 3 of 15
TravisNave

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 15
dirttraxx

WOW!! that ALMOST worked!! but I still got 6 errors.  😞

CRC failed in x64\Inventor\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\DynamicSimulation.dll

CRC failed in x64\Inventor\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\HSCBLUTL10.dll

CRC failed in x64\Inventor\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\LIBEAY32.DLL

CRC failed in x64\Components\DWGViewer\Program Files\DWG TrueView 2013\libfbxsdk-3_0.dll

CRC failed in Content\DCLibrary\DesktopContents\AI2013_Inventor ISO.idz

Now what?  Is there a way to peice together a non corrupted version if I download it again and get different errors?

Message 5 of 15
TravisNave

Try downloading with your anti-virus off. Or try downloading the trial version since they're all the same. Or last ditch, try extracting with WinRAR and see if you have any better luck. You could always order physical media...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15
dirttraxx

Well, I did do this with my antivirus off, every time.  And what do you mean use winrar...use it in what way?   Is there a way to peice together a full good download from multiple bad ones?

Message 7 of 15
TravisNave

Possibly.  The files are packed in such a way that WinRAR may be able to open the archive.  It's just a thought. 

Have you tried downloading from another computer?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 15
dirttraxx

Yes, I did try this on school computers also, but with the same result.

Message 9 of 15
dirttraxx

YAAAAY!! I GOT IT!!  I downloaded it for about the 7th time and it worked!!  I also found that using 7zip, you can open it up and possibly peice together a non corrupted one, though I did not try.

Message 10 of 15
darkskull316

I got a corrupteed file on the x64 folder. can you send me all the good ones from that one folder, thanksSmiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 15
mk33

Can you give step by step instructions on how you did it to someone who is not a computer expert?

Message 12 of 15
aspauladelin

AUTODESK  is the  WORST IN THE WORLD FOR ME 

i tried a million times to download 3ds max in everyway and it just says NO

Message 13 of 15
jessica.t
in reply to: aspauladelin

Hi @aspauladelin and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Sorry for the issues but we'll get you up and running! Please take the following steps to get the best download performance:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from our Virtual Agent

If the problem persists please reply to this post with details on the download failure. Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 15
aspauladelin
in reply to: jessica.t

"installer encountered error and could not start the netsession client"

this is the error i get when i try to install the product after donwloading
it

(anyway, thanks for being so prompt in helping me)
Message 15 of 15
aspauladel
in reply to: jessica.t

at last, it works
thank you very much 😉
that Virtual Agent worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report