Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Downloading Maya 2015

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
manoj_7831
9717 Views, 16 Replies

Error Downloading Maya 2015

I have been trying to download Maya 2015 for 64 bit Windows (I run Windows 7 64 bit) and every time I click the Install Now button, the setup pops up for a second and then displays the message:

Setup Initialization Failed

Error downloading. Please Install Now again from the Autodesk website.

I've done this multiple times, but it keeps on telling me the same thing.  How do I get install correctly?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: manoj_7831

Apologies for the inconvenience and welcome to the community Manoj!

Can you please try downloading the software via a different method, specifically Browser Download? If not available from where you are downloading from, you can access Browser Download links directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 17
manoj_7831
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for your quick reposnse.

But now i endup getting different error it says 'Product Download consists of multiple files, Atleast one of the file is missing or not been downloaded yet'.

Can you please help out on this issue.

Message 4 of 17
philip.s

Sure thing and there are 2 parts to the Maya 2015 download which would explain the error. I just alerted the necessary team that part 2 is missing from the Virtual Agent and as a workaround have provided it below.

Maya 2015 64 BIT - PT2

Message 5 of 17
manoj_7831

Thanks it worked!

Message 6 of 17
jimmysidhu007

I am using students account and I am unable to get the part 2 file of maya  

what should I do now  ? I stuck with the same error atleast on file missing .....

Message 7 of 17

Hi @jimmysidhu007, 

You can refer to our Virtual Agent to download Autodesk Maya 2015 if you're having issues downloading the installation files from the EDU site. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 8 of 17
Zoomagic
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

My god yes, the virtual agent link worked! By why for the sake of God and country would you not write that the browser download consist of two parts?!?! this just blows my mind.. Robot Frustrated

Message 9 of 17
colinjgraham
in reply to: Zoomagic

holy cow, someone dropped the ball on this one.  

when downloading you might want to give your users a heads up that there are 2 files.  Second, you might want to advise people that Avast anit virus will block bifrost !!!  (Why does Avast think your software is a virus?)   Avast is quite popular.

Installing Maya from the Pirate Bay with a key gen would have been easier than this.... wake up guys.

Message 10 of 17
GUPLAY
in reply to: jimmysidhu007

I'm having the same problem you

Message 11 of 17
kevin

I am still getting this error message on 13th March 2015.

"Error Product download consists of multiple files. At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet"

This experience has really put me off desktop subscriptions. None of the links in Philip's response are accessible any more.

It's really annoying that six months after the original post, the same file is still missing from the download link? 

I also tried downloading the software via *every* other available method and disabled Windows Firewall. 

Autodesk Install Now just says "Communication Failure", as shown in the attached screenshot.

Message 12 of 17
camilo.lemos
in reply to: kevin

Hi Kevin and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, make sure your firewall is fully disabled (see steps here) and also fully disable your anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 13 of 17
vfxaaron

I had the same issue, and resolved it only because I found this thread.

Why on earth would you make it so difficult to download and install your software? From the Autodesk account management page, I have NEVER been able to to successfully download and install directly from Autodesk's server. I always need to resort to browser download.

If Maya 2015 requires 2 parts to download and install, why not show both parts as available options? Part 2 is not even visible via the account management panel. A little more effort in automating and/or tracking these issues would go a long way toward increasing customer satisfaction, not to mention return business.

Message 14 of 17
lynn_zhang
in reply to: vfxaaron

Hi @vfxaaron 

Completely understood and we truly appreciate your feedback. We definitely want to work towards better customer experience and will pass along your feedback to the team in charge who will work on improving the downloads.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 15 of 17
pcollingwood

This link takes me to a different page (Subscription centre) and does NOT download the missing file. What am I missing???
Message 16 of 17

i cant download Part 2
Message 17 of 17
my3bworld
in reply to: nagarjuna.gupta

I'm sorry, but this is an absolute ridiculous disaster. How can you not make something easy to download when you are a billion dollar company? This seems like it would be such an easy thing to do. None of the default methods work for me and I tried each 10 times: install, browser download, download. I get errors, crashes, or just nothing happens. I feel like smashing the computer against my face. And if the only good way to download these is this virtual method, why isn't that the only method available? To quote a great man Will Ferrell, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report