Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code [-96.7.11001]

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jb_Freya
2787 Views, 4 Replies

Error Code [-96.7.11001]

I have 3Ds Max 2010 installed on approximately 14 PCs all using a network license. Originally after the install I had to point the program to the license file on the local computer and then the file server, and continue until it would finally accept the license (somewhere between 3 and 30 attempts). Now, several weeks later, a handful of the PCs are giving the error code: [-96.7.11001].

One PC actually did not give the code and instead asked me to re-direct it to the proper license, but unfortunately the others are not making it so simple.

I have tried appending .old  the CascadeInfo.cas file. in the Adlm folder but this changed nothing.

Does anyone know how to re-direct the program to search for the .lic file in another location?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: jb_Freya

Create an ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to specify the license server location:

set ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE=@licserver

where "licserver" is the name of your license server computer.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 5
jb_Freya

Could you please elaborate?

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Open your System Properties in Windows.  You can do this many ways.  Right-click My Computer and go to Properties, or System from the Control Panel, or by holding the shortcut keys of Windows + Break.  In any case, once you get there go to the Advanced tab.  Click the button called Environment Variables at the bottom.

From that window on the bottom half for System Variables click New. 

Variable Name:  ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

Value: @SERVERNAME (servername is the hostname of your NLM server)

Click OK to all Windows.  Try your software again. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
jb_Freya

Should the environment variable be "ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE" or perhaps the filename of the license itself?

Regardless I tried both names, but neither seem to work.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report