Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 110 when activating Max 2012

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
pmcallister
4329 Views, 19 Replies

Error Code 110 when activating Max 2012

The title pretty much says it all. When I try to activate my copy of 3DS Max 2012 I get the following error:

"A License error has occurred. Contact your technical support representative for assistance. To help determine the nature of the problem, the error code is: 110"

I click OK on the message window and than another window pops up saying:

"The software license check out failed. Error 20"

Why is it doing this and how can I fix it?

thanks,

- Patrick

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Hi pmcallister:

Please send me your serial number through private message(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page).

Thank you,

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 20

I sent my information to you through a PM yesturday. Have you been able to solve the problem at all?

thanks,

- Patrick

Message 4 of 20

Hi pmcallister:

I have responded to your inquiry through private message with the following information:

I checked on your serial number and it appears to be unregistered.Please register your serial number first through  www.autodesk.com/register. You may use the same user ID and password that you use in Education Community. As soon as you have it registered, you may follow through the instruction and activate. 

I checked today and the serial number is still unregistered.  If you can send me your personal information through PM, I can do it for you. However, please note that in order for me to activate, I will need request code. 

. Following are the steps to retrieve the request code:

1. Run the program

2. Pull down menu 'Help'

3. Click on 'About'

4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner

5. Click on the Activate button

6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code 

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 20

I appricate all the help. I am at work right now and as such am unable to do anything with it now. When I get home tonight I will make to take care of this first thing and if I run into any trouble I will let you know.

Thanks a bunch,

- Patrick

Message 6 of 20
TheIce
in reply to: pmcallister

i am having the same problem. every time i run my 3ds max, a window pops up and tells me that i must first activate this program before running it. and the only option available is "activate", the "run" option being disabled". then I get the same errors as mentioned above.

I have to inform you that this has happened with 2011 and 2012 versions, and i cannot seems to figure it out. and I can't try the solution you proposed because I can't get into the program to get my product request code.

pls, someone help. I am running out of ideas.

Message 7 of 20
myufka

when i clicked ok after error code 110 dialogue box it gives me "The software license chec out failed. Error 20." what sould i do?

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 20
pmcallister
in reply to: myufka

Just a heads up guys I still haven't gotten mine to work.

- Patrick

Message 9 of 20

Hi pmcallister:

Your serial number needs to be registered first, before you can have it activated. I sent you a private message with an alternative on how we can we can register your serial number. I will wait for your response.

Thanks, 

Arlin Bibat
Message 10 of 20

OK so somebody tell me how you got your request code because I am convinced that at this point it isn't actully possable to obtain one and you can't use your product without it. So I am stuck with no program.

According to the note that appears when you hit the little ? button next to the "Enter Product Request Code" on this page https://registeronce.autodesk.com/prodreg/collectF​lexNetStandaloneParams!input.action I SHOULD be able

(and I quote the help box that appears) 

"To access the request code, start the product (which I did). On the Registration-Activation page, click Activate (as I did. The picture bellow shows window that appears when I click activate). The request code is displayed at the top of the page."

But as you can see there is NO REQUEST CODE that is displayed. And I just did this 5 seconds ago.

Max Issue.jpg

Message 11 of 20

Hi pmcallister:

Following are the steps to retrieve the request code:

1. Run the program

2. Pull down menu 'Help'

3. Click on 'About'

4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner

5. Click on the Activate button

6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code 

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 12 of 20

I CAN'T GET TO THE HELP MENU BECAUSE I CAN'T RUN THE PROGRAM. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT? EVERYTIME I RUN THE PROGRAM IT TELLS ME I HAVE TO ACTIVATE THE PROGRAM BEFORE I CAN RUN IT. I CLICK ACTIVATE AND I GET ERROR CODE 110 AND THE PROGRAM CLOSES. THIS IS THE SAME THING YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT I NEED TO DO FOR THE LAST MONTH AND I KEEP TELLING YOU THAT IT ISN'T POSSABLE TO DO.

Message 13 of 20
philip.s

Hi pmcallister,

From a previous post, Error 110 means “Error creating a request”.  The problem can be:

1.       ASR folder was not created during the install.

2.       Missing ASR files from ASR folder.

Normally uninstalling and reinstalling the product should help but before doing that you should try to determine if the issue is with a missing ASR folder or with missing ASR files in that folder. 

Also, check permissions on the machine.  Does this happen on multiple machines or only one?

ASR folder path
Vista/win7 - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\Asr
Win XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm\Asr

Message 14 of 20
pmcallister
in reply to: philip.s

I have the ASR folder and 140 items are in that folder. Is there one specifically that I need? I can send a list of all the files that I have in that folder.

I do not mean to have an attitude with you guys but I figured it would be easier and less of a hassle to install and run Max when getting it from Autodesk instead of through torrents and having to crack the program though it doesn’t seem like that is the case.

Message 15 of 20
TheIce

ok so i got the same errors you have been getting and i spent some hours on google searching for similar problems. nothing managed to help me, except for this: click start, then in the default windows search (for win7) tipe uac and click on "change user account control settings". in the new box that pops up, set the level to 0. the problem, from what i have gathered, is that the asr folder does not have permission to comunicate with the autodesk server. but, before i did this, i did a whole lot of different thing. excluding reinstaling and repairing max a million times, i also went to programdata/autodesk/adlm and changed the permissions for the folder. what you do is right-click the folder and enter properties. then, select the security tab and check that the program has full permissions for your administrative account (the most important one being the "write" permission). if error messages pop up, just ok them all. after this, you folder should have the neccesary config to comunicate with autodesk servers (being that you set your UAC to 0, as i have mentione in the begining of the comment). hope this helps. best of luck.

Message 16 of 20
myufka
in reply to: TheIce

What hell is going on i uninstall max 2012 and uninstalled all registry keys and ProgramData folder and i reinstall the max2012 x64 but still same error. my UAC is selected minimum level.

Message 17 of 20
pmcallister
in reply to: myufka

Thanks for the info Thelce. Unfortunately I am currently running Vista. Though I believe that I have already adjusted my UAC settings. I also had to download another program in order for me to "Take Ownership" of a file in order to be able to install Max 2012. Still though nothing different has happened.

- Patrick

Message 18 of 20
nachanok_rim

I know how to fix it

first,you have to open notepad and type this thing

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

then save it name Take Ownership.reg 

then click on it and click Yes

Now you can Unlock folder that have key pic on it

go to C:\ProgramData 

and right click on Autodesk select Take Ownership

then refesh.Now you can see the key pic disappear

do this the same with FLEXNet Folder (same location)

Install Program again 

Good luck 🙂

Message 19 of 20
emmacreate

i am having the exact same problem as you, i have tried everything on everything forum i could find but with no luck!

have you been able to solve the problem?

Message 20 of 20

Unfortionatly no, I haven't been able to fix the problem. I am still running Max 2010. My suggestion would be to uninstall all of it (if you can, even that I am having problems with) and just find a torrent file for it. Its strange because I had no problem downloading and installing Mudbox 2012 or Sketchbook Pro. But Max, Maya, and Revit all have the same problem. And of course Auodesks customer service is of absolutly no help. Let me tell you, me and them went back and forth for about a month and a half. They kept telling me the same thing and I kept telling them how it was impossable for me to do what they said to do. Than another guy from customer service sends me an email saying

"I don't have the training necessary to troubleshoot real technical issues / my presence on the Discussion Forums is more so tailored to standard customer support (as apposed to technical support) and to help facilitate community involvement.

I'd suggest following up on the discussion thread, and or looking into our per-incident support."

This is why people torrent.

Anyways hope you can find an answer that actully works. I'll let you know if I find one.

- Patrick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report