Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
6275 Views, 20 Replies

Error [-5.412.0]

What does this error id  mean? 

i couldnt get a license from the server and so I cant get my Revit Architecture 2011 to work.  

When I ran the Diag, this is what I get

--------
FLEXnet diagnostics on Tue 6/15/2010 16:15

-----------------------------------------------------
License file: C:\Documents and Settings\Ellyn.STCDOM.000\Desktop\Test.lic
"85623REVITS_2011_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
  License server: ws-ellyn
  floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,  no expiration date

Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

I use the same unit to run the server and the appplication.

Please help...Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

-5 Means that there are no licenses available for that product on the server.  You might be running more than one NLM or have a mismatch in your license file.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous

Thanks Travis,

I verified the info of the license file it bears the correct hostname and hostid and i also checked the lmtools, in the config services  the paths are ok.  I also checked the server status, the lmgrd is working fine and it detects the license file alright.  but whenever I launch Revit...I get the same error.  Im wondering if its because the server I use is also where I have installed/run the application...but I know it shouldn't be an issue.  I hope I could get it to work soon.. 😞

Message 4 of 21
TravisNave

It could be possible that is the problem.  What version is your license manager?  And are you running on Server 2008?  If you ping your hostname, does it come back with an IPv6 or IPv4 response?  I have found that IPv6 causes problems when running the NLM and the Application on the same machine. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

IPV4 and my unit is XP only.. I configured the network installation to use a single server, but after I installed,  it seems when I checked the product and license info, it says its using a distributed network server..?kindly check the attachment.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous

Hi again Travis,

IPV4 and my unit is XP only.. I configured the network installation to use a single server, but after I installed,  it seems when I checked the product and license info, it says its using a distributed network server..but as far as I remember as I requested for a license file, I indicated single server - which normally prefer? 

Thanks.
Message 7 of 21
TravisNave

It definitely appears to be looking for a distributed setup, but it shouldn't really matter if licenses are available.  All a distributive license manager does is split up a group of seats into separate smaller licenses for multiple sites.  If the NLM is configured and handing out licenses, then you should still get a license. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

IPV4 and my unit is XP only..it does recognize the hostname alright.   I configured the network installation to use a single server, and as far as I remember when I requested for a license file, I indicated single server - which I normally prefer, but when I opened the application and checked Product License info,  its telling me that Im using a distributed network server..?

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

"it shouldnt matter" meaning autodesk will supply the same license file regardless if its a single, distributed or redundant server?  tmy license file, however shows the right hostname and hostid, so it cannot be invalid, right?  the license file is recognized by the license manager, it says this as I click perform status inquiry...

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 6/22/2010 13:53

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@ws-ellyn
    License file(s) on ws-ellyn: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\REVITS2011enlicense.lic:

ws-ellyn: license server UP (MASTER) v11.7

Vendor daemon status (on ws-ellyn):

adskflex: UP v11.7
Feature usage info:

Users of 85623REVITS_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

I cannot borrow either, the button is also grayed out...

--------
Diagnostics
--------
FLEXnet diagnostics on Tue 6/22/2010 14:19

License file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\REVITS2011enlicense.lic
"85623REVITS_2011_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
  License server: ws-ellyn
  floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,  no expiration date

Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license cannot be checked out because:
License BORROW support not enabled.
Feature:       85623REVITS_2011_0F
License path:  C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\REVITS2011enlicense.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-68,576

thanks.

Message 10 of 21
TravisNave

It definitely appears that your NLM is working properly.  The borrow issue is strange though. Are you using an options file that prevents borrowing? 

Chances are you might have to reinstall your client and ensure that it is the network version using a single license server. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

I did that already but nothing's changed, i still get the same error and borrowing is still disabled..now Im trying to clean install all my autodesk applications to see if therell be any impovement i hope it solves the issue.  Thank you

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous

Hi Travis,

I have tried to remove all autodesk for clean installation.  it working now.  Thanks a lot for helping.  🙂

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

Try to go to the directory:
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm
Vista/Windows 7 - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

Then delete the file:

- cascadeinfo.cas

Restart the computer - Hope it works

From "mpk" on Augi - http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=117207

Worked for me.

HTH

Nick

Message 14 of 21
TravisNave

Thanks for the recommendation Nick, but this thread has already been solved.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

Hopefully you wont have to completly unisntall/ reinstall in the future though. Thats what I was trying to avoid.

Nick

Message 16 of 21
TravisNave

I can totally respect that fact!!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

Thanks, I already performed a clean installation since my computer may have been filled with conflicting registries cause Ive been using various Autodesk products for 4 years, and it also solved the problem. But I'll still try your suggestion. 

However, whenever I boot my pc, though I Start server at power up, another error prompt would appear concerning the lmgrd.  I always have to manually stop/start/reread the server for it to work.

But anyway, thanks again.Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
TravisNave

What is your server OS?  And is it 32 or 64 bit?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

It just took some time before the system adjusted to the license server I guess, or could be that the lmtool failed to initialize.  However no error anymore.  I use 64 and 32, both used to have this issue but are now ok.  Thanks guys, more power.

Message 20 of 21
fredrik.bergenmalm

What should I do if deleting the CascadeInfo.cas file doesnt work?

I experience this problem for Civil3D 2012 only. Revit and autocad works fine on the same computer against the same license server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report