Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -5.412.0 @ Error -4.132.0

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
alextong
17879 Views, 26 Replies

Error -5.412.0 @ Error -4.132.0

My client facing Error -4.132.0 when open the AutoCAD Inventor 2010 (network version) &
Error -5.412.0 when open AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (network version). Only this PC got these error while others work fine.
They have 5 seats of Inventor 2010 network licenses.
Instead in lmtools not showing anyone use the licenses when these two error appear...

*Refer image file attach

Kindly advise,
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
mcgulbranson
in reply to: alextong

I'm receiving the same error but only with AutoCad Map 3D 2010. Pleas advise asap!
Message 3 of 27
TravisNave

If you are getting a -5 error, it means that the license doesn't exist on the network license manager. Check the license file and do a server status enquiry to confirm that your licenses for that product are actually available.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 27
AndrewMcKenna

Add one more AutoCAD Map 3D user to the list, worked one week then just stopped, does anyone have a solution?
Message 5 of 27
TravisNave

You should post your debug log file here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 27
mcgulbranson

I found my solution. I had an earlier version of License Manager running on a different server. I unstalled License Manager 11.5, stopped the prior LM on the different server, received a new license file and this time I did not append the prior license code to the new license file. Re-installed LM 11.5 and all worked fine. Seems to have possibly been a conflict with the prior LM and by stopping it and using the new license file (which is includes licensing for prior versions of AutoCad) with 11.5 the error was resolved.
Message 7 of 27
mprieto

Hello, I´m having the same problem with my networked Civil 3D but your solution doesn´t solve my problem.
The license Manager recognice me the civils license but wen y try to open, the errors -5.412.0 shows.
In the debug log file don´t show me like it were denied.
Could you help me?'

Thaks
Matias
Message 8 of 27
TravisNave

Again, -5 means the license does not exist. Is it possible that you are running more than one license server or a different version of Civil than the license that is on your NLM?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 27
Darin.Green

I know this may be too late.... but to resolve the issue, delete the CASCADEINFO.CAS file from the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm

Once this file is deleted, restart the application.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 10 of 27
The_Zhu

Thank you very much! It works! 😉
Message 11 of 27
TravisNave

This is one of those hot-button issues that should be tried in nearly every situation, as it seems to solve the majority of the problems with Autodesk software since 2010.
For Vista and Windows 7 users, the location of this file is:
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM
The corrupt CascadeInfo.cas file will be recreated when you relaunch the software.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 27

Thank you very very much for the solution! Smiley Very Happy

Deleting CASCADEINFO.CAS solved my problem completely.

I was having trouble starting Inventor 2010 (not starting, just started as a process for a couple of seconds) and AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (server license error).

You saved me for re-installing Windows (which was the only solution I came up with when having this problem last time).

Br

Rami

Message 13 of 27
sdewitt
in reply to: Darin.Green

Just wondering...  Do you know why this works?

Just an FYI...  If anyone is using Window 7 the file location of the .cas file is c:ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

Message 14 of 27
f_ullmann
in reply to: TravisNave

This worked great for an -4.132 error with Revit MEP 2012!

Thanks everyone!

Frank

Message 15 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: f_ullmann

Just to elaborate, the -4 error means that you were out of licenses on your NLM server.  Freeing up a license by having someone else close their application or return their borrowed license will resolve this temporary issue.  Deleting the CascadeInfo.cas file will work, however, if for some reason the cascading of licenses are not working when you are out of one feature and it cannot cascade to another available license. 

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 27
f_ullmann

The problem I was having did not have to do with available licenses. There were two licenses available, and the workstation next to mine was able to open and close revit with no error.

Further, I was able to use revit last week with no problems.

When I deleted the .cas file, the error went away.

-Frank

Message 17 of 27
TravisNave

Yes, which is why I clarified the difference between the standard -4 licenses exceeded error vs. the cascade issue.  Thanks.  Smiley Wink

Autodesk Forums:
Message 18 of 27
f_ullmann

i see. Big thanks to you and everyone who contributed. i don't know how long i would of struggled with this!Smiley Happy

-Frank

Message 19 of 27
TravisNave

I am glad you are up and running.  Every little bit of helpful information is a good resource for someone else.  You never know what tidbit is going to fix someone else.  Feel free to pick our brains anytime and contribute any solutions you have.  That's what it's all about, my man!  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 20 of 27
jfields

I have this error -4.132.0 comes up when I launch REVIT 2012 and ACAD 2012. I looked for the .cas file in the directory but did not find it. Can anyone please provide information on how to resolve this error.

Respectfully,

Jfields

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report