Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2738 when trying to install AutoCAD 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sonyaa
683 Views, 2 Replies

Error 2738 when trying to install AutoCAD 2013

I cannot install, uninstall, or repair my AutoCAD 2013 program as I keep getting error 2738.

I have already tried the solution at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15102758&linkID=9240617http://

to register the VBScript engine with no change in results.  Does anyone know of anything

else that can be done to remedy this situation.  I really don't want to resort to using my

old AutoCAD 2012 installation.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: sonyaa

Hi sonyaa,

Have you tried the other solution under the link you provided? Here's the direct link to the alternative solution if the one provided from the Autodesk website does not work out:

Error 2738 Installation, could not access VBScript run time for custom action

Kindly try it out and let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 3
sonyaa
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

I didn't try that solution as is specifies Windows 7, and I am using Windows Vista Home

Premium.  I know that AutoCAD 2013 works with Vista because I was using it with no

problem until I had a system crash and had to do a hard reboot.  After the reboot, Auto-

CAD no longer worked properly; it came up without the ribbon, the ribbon could not be

invoked, and there were other anomolies. 

Trying repair did not fix it.  I also tried to uninstall and reinstall, both to no avail.  Then

I tried re-registering the VBScript DLL, but that appeared to make no difference either.

Now AutoCAD 2013 doesn't come up at all.  Both AutoCAD 2012 and Revit 2013 work

just fine, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report