Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2 when activating

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MCRmatt2008
2813 Views, 6 Replies

Error 2 when activating

Hey there, I keep getting the following message when activating:

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: MCRmatt2008

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for providing your request code in the Private Message. As mentioned, the activation code that was sent to you should act as a workaround to the Error 2 that you were receiving.

Message 3 of 7
condormovies
in reply to: philip.s

I have this problem with every serial number after I installed 3ds max 2013

Message 4 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: condormovies

Hi Andrew,

We were experiencing a licensing issue within the Education Community which has since been resolved.

I'd be more than happy to generate an activation code for you which would bypass the error is you could please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code.

Message 5 of 7

I also have this problem, I sent you a private message.

Message 6 of 7
i_luv_pixels
in reply to: philip.s

I restarted my computer and now Im getting the Error 2 while loading 3ds Max, and license issue when opening maya. 

I desperatly need this program to work! Ive tried all work arounds posted on the forums about Flex etc. Ive tried to send you a PM but it will not let me! 

Please help me! ha! 

Message 7 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: i_luv_pixels

Hello @i_luv_pixels,

Please check out the following contact options (please wait for the page to fully load) to receive help with this one / request a manual activation code.

Contact Us - Online Activation Errors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report