Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
gradinaru_andrei
1261 Views, 5 Replies

Error 1606

Hello,

Trying to install the lastest version of autocad 2014 for student edition has coused me a lot of trouble. Starting with the error 1606, which i searched on the internet and found a lot of topics regarding USER SHELL FOLDER, in my case there were no such problemes, then i tryed creating a new administrator acount but no luck there at all. Any other ideas are welcomed 😞

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

this is the log in temp!

Message 3 of 6

A recorded version of the problem at hand.

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: gradinaru_andrei

So you are attempting a network installation?
Or installation from the online site?
The log file you posted contains no useful info: find other log files and post here.
Message 5 of 6

it is a stand-alone instalation. i have downloaded the kit from student.autodesk, i don't know where to look for other logs, if you can direct me :(. By the way i have recorded a sample of the error just under the log post, maybe you can tell from there what is the problem. Having autocad 2013 installed on my pc can create a bug or smthing that could interfere with the setup of 2014 ?

Message 6 of 6
Jroper
in reply to: gradinaru_andrei

Just for kicks.  Check HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

The Error 1606 it has for Autodesk knowledgebase is HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT, but check in HKEY_CURRENT_USER too.

Of course don't poke around in the registry if you are not comfortable with doing that or are not allowed by your admin!

Do all of the file locations that it shows actually exist?  Do you have permissions to write to those locations?  If those places don't exist, then figure out why.  If they do, figure out why you can't write to them.

I've had this issue in the past where someone used a account cleaner program and it wiped the folders for c:\Users\administrator..., and it would not install AutoCAD.  I fixed it by logging in as that account and it created the folders again.  I've also had to manually find and replace the folder locations with places that exist.  This was do to a bad imaging process that placed folder locations that did not exist anymore.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report