Installation & Licensing

Contributor
msmallmn
Message 1 of 25 (7,848 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error 1606. Could not access network location Setup.

7848 Views, 24 Replies
03-26-2013 08:35 AM

AutoCAD2013-1606-Error.gif

It appears there is an extra “\” …\AutoCAD 2013 – English\R19.0\enu\\Support\.

I don’t know if this is causing the error or not.

I tried these articles but everything checked out.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9579121&linkID=9240617 and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

Not sure what to do next.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 25 (7,818 Views)

Re: Error 1606. Could not access network location Setup.

03-27-2013 06:21 AM in reply to: msmallmn

Will you post your system specs and what OS you are using?  That might help some of the more IT minded folks in here to figure out something for you.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Contributor
msmallmn
Message 3 of 25 (7,809 Views)

03-27-2013 07:45 AM in reply to: cbenner

Sure thing.

Dell Precision T1650 w/Intel i7-3770

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

16GB Ram

AMD FirePro V4900

Mentor
David_Knight
Message 4 of 25 (7,779 Views)

04-01-2013 02:27 PM in reply to: msmallmn

Have you tried installing from a CD DVD, Thumbrdrive, or by copying the installation folders to your Hard Drive?

Contributor
msmallmn
Message 5 of 25 (7,775 Views)

04-01-2013 02:28 PM in reply to: David_Knight

David_Knight wrote:

Have you tried installing from a CD DVD, Thumbrdrive, or by copying the installation folders to your Hard Drive?

From the thumbdrive.

Mentor
David_Knight
Message 6 of 25 (7,771 Views)

04-01-2013 02:31 PM in reply to: msmallmn

I presume you get the same error then? 

I'm not sure.

Those are the things I would have tried.

If there is in fact an error in your user profile (as the links you listed suggest) I would try either 

1. creating a new user profile (or)
  2. logging in as the admin profile

and trying the installation again.

I also presumed you had admin privileges when you attempted to install.  If you do not, that is likely an issue of some sort as well.

Contributor
msmallmn
Message 7 of 25 (7,763 Views)

04-01-2013 02:53 PM in reply to: David_Knight

David_Knight wrote:

I presume you get the same error then? 

I'm not sure.

Those are the things I would have tried.

If there is in fact an error in your user profile (as the links you listed suggest) I would try either 

1. creating a new user profile (or)
  2. logging in as the admin profile

and trying the installation again.

I also presumed you had admin privileges when you attempted to install.  If you do not, that is likely an issue of some sort as well.

There is no problem with the user profile. That checked out.  I do have admin rights on this PC.

The only thing I have't tried is copying the files from the thumbdrive to the hard drive.  Why would that cause an issue?

Mentor
David_Knight
Message 8 of 25 (7,756 Views)

04-01-2013 03:05 PM in reply to: msmallmn
Handful of network issues, or perhaps the length of the share name... The thumb drive would eliminate things, as would trying another profile. If it fails with the thumb drive its not a network issue. And changing profiles would eliminate the profile completely if it failed. I'm not sure beyond that what the problem is or could be. As a worst case scenario it could be hardware issues or corrupted operating system. Speaking or corruption, can you reinstall from an original disc or from the original download? Maybe the server corrupted the installation path. Lastly the double "\" in the path isn't always a problem I've had it display it before but work. Good luck.
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 9 of 25 (7,754 Views)

04-01-2013 03:09 PM in reply to: msmallmn

Hi,

>> The only thing I have't tried is copying the files from the thumbdrive to the hard drive. 

>> Why would that cause an issue?

Because part of the installation procedure installs Framework (plus hotfix). Framework is quite sensitive to non-trusted drives, so if your security settings are default (or stronger) a network-drive (or external drive) might be blocked for some update process. So it really makes sense to copy the installation files to a local folder (on C:smileyhappy: and start then the installation.

And remember, the message tells you that you have a network-problem during installation.

>> There is no problem with the user profile

Why are you that sure, at least you have a problem with installation and we don't know where. So it's a tip to run that with another profile just as an option.

>> I do have admin rights on this PC.

Great, and you have started the SETUP.EXE with right-click and option "start as administrator" or you have disable UAC?

Just to have admin-permissions does not mean you start the programs with admin-permissions, that changed since Vista.

You also can start with first installing the DirectX-components from the installation media, then the Framework (+hotfix) and when this is finished, then try to start the AutoCAD-installation again.

If it again fails, please upload the log-file that was created during the AutoCAD-installation.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mentor
David_Knight
Message 10 of 25 (7,749 Views)

04-01-2013 03:17 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Great reply Alfred. He said it better than I.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube