Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
jrstanford
170 Views, 1 Reply

Error 1603 persisting

I recently did a recovery on my Windows 8 x64 OS after upgrading to 8.1 and realizing it was awful. I used the recovery function to downgrade back to Win 8 and am having issues installing Autodesk software. I installed the free student version of Mudbox with no problem. I am now trying to reinstall Maya and Max. The install fails every time with the following error: 2014/3/19:02:50:02 Jaymee CLOUD9 Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64): "C:\Autodesk \WI\Autodesk Maya 2014\3rdParty \x64\VCRedist\2005SP1ATL \vcredist_x64.exe" /q:a /T:C: \WINDOWS\temp /c:"VCREDI~2.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v C:\Users\Jaymee\AppData\Local\Temp \vcredist_x64_2005.log"" " 2014/3/19:02:50:23 Jaymee CLOUD9 Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603 Previously, I got this error for the base Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x64 and x86 when trying to install them via Maya's installer. I uninstalled all instances through the CP and restarted, same issue. The issue stopped when I manually installed the base Redistribs x64 and x86 from Microsoft's website, but I can't find the ATL Security update anywhere. I did find *a* SP1 for 2005 and tried to install that, but got an error saying it wasn't compatible with my processor. I have tried the following: 1) Uninstalling all instances of Visual C++ 2005+ Redistrib, deleting everything in my TEMP folder, used the command prompt to clear any instances or whatever in Windows Installer, restarting the machine, and attempting to reinstall Maya. No change. 2) Uninstalling all instances of Visual C++ 2005+ Redistrib and reinstalling 2005 C__ Redistrib (x64) and (x86) manually + the ATL Security update. Like I said, the base 2005 Redistrib installs successfully for x64 and x86, but I cannot find the ATL Secruity update ANYWHERE online. I installed the only SP1 update I could find (it was for the x64) but got an error saying it was not compatible with my processor. Restarted the machine and attempting to reinstall Maya. Maya then installs 2008 and 2010 Redistrib successfully, then attempts to go back and install 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update and the install fails. 3) Tried installing different versions (2012-2014) of Maya and/or 3ds Max. Same problem. 4) Tried browser download as opposed to Install Now from Autodesk website. Same problem. 5) Checked DirectX settings and compatibility. Same problem. I don't know what else to do. I've attached the full error log.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jrstanford
in reply to: jrstanford

Sorry for the wall of text, my formatting doesn't seem to be working and I can't go back and edit because the Topic Options button isn't working (apparently this forum isn't compatible with Chrome?). I also forgot to attach the log, so I'll do so here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report