Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1603 and 1619 during AutoCAD MEP Suite 2013 installation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
haisin_rusli
2296 Views, 9 Replies

Error 1603 and 1619 during AutoCAD MEP Suite 2013 installation

Hi,

I am trying to install AutoCAD MEP Suite 2013 on windows 7 - 64 Bit and I through the serial number part, but as it installing, it just aborts.  When I look at the installation log, I see errors 1603 and 1619. 

error message :" DirectX Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619 "

I have tried to turn off Antivirus. Deleting Service Pack 1 for AutoCAD etc but still didn't work.

I have Product Design Suite 2013 installed before this installation.

I attached the log file and error message.

Could someone help?

Best Regards,

Haisin Rusli

Haisin Rusli
Sales Engineer - PT Wahana Cipta Sinatria
Silver Partner - Autodesk Partner Manufacturing
Surabaya
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
emily.xu
in reply to: haisin_rusli

I would say you have done most efforts for the installation failure, for the error code is 1603 which is a general error, many things can cause this, except what you have done, I want to give you the following suggestions to try:

1  Try to use another admin user to login your system and install

2  Try to copy the installation media contents into your local harddisk and install from there.

3  Turn off UAC if your OS is Windows 7.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 10
TravisNave

In addition to copying the media to your local HDD and installing from there, double-check that you do not also have any other version of AutoCAD 2013 flavors installed.  I have noticed that products like MEP and Mechanical, etc. all install to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\ regardless of flavor.  If another AutoCAD is pre-existing, it will not install. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 10
haisin_rusli
in reply to: emily.xu

Hi Emily Xu,

I have tried Turn off UAC in my Windows 7 Prof. ,copy the installation media contents into my local harddisk and install from there and use another admin user to login mysystem and install, but the error still exist.

Best Regards,

Haisin Rusli

Haisin Rusli
Surabaya
Message 5 of 10
haisin_rusli
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis Nave,

Yes I have AutoCAD Mechanical installed on the system. should I uninstall it before installing AutoCAD MEP?

How if I need AutoCAD mechanical then?

Best Regards,

Haisin Rusli

Haisin Rusli
Surabaya
Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

That is actually a good question.  Autodesk needs to address the fact that their suites are using the AutoCAD 2013 directory to install their base AutoCAD from their suites but it is preventing further verticals from being installed.  You might see if doing a custom install will allow you to change the installation home directory.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 10
BryGuy-AK

Travis, I totally agree.   I’m getting these error codes as well trying to install AutoCAD Architecture 2013.  It’s getting so frustrating dealing with the Autodesk software.  Seems we have to do these install dances with every darn release.  It’s getting so old.  Why in the world do their applications have to share files or directories.  No one has limited or slow hard drives anymore, why can’t the darn applications install into their own structures.  Out of all our office software, the Autodesk products cause the biggest headaches and problems.  We can’t run around to our many machine in various offices manually installing the applications, nor uninstalling other components (used by other applications) to get their product installed.

If their application needs a certain version of C++, then it should clearly identify this, and provide the needed sub component themselves, or at least a link to install it from the other manufacturer.  *shakes head*

Sorry for the rant, but these things keep showing up with their products.  Getting VERY old.

Autodesk,

Please develop a much more stable installation process.

------------------------------
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." (Futurama)

Brian Lewis
CAD Manager, Civil Designer
www.uskh.com

AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Civil 3D, AutoCAD MEP
Revit Architecture, Revit Structural, Revit MEP
(versions 2008-2011)
Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

I wrote a new work around for this. 1603 in my hot signature.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 10
BryGuy-AK

Thanks Travis.

I'll look it over and see what I can do.

Much appreciated.

------------------------------
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." (Futurama)

Brian Lewis
CAD Manager, Civil Designer
www.uskh.com

AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Civil 3D, AutoCAD MEP
Revit Architecture, Revit Structural, Revit MEP
(versions 2008-2011)
Message 10 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: BryGuy-AK

It was the best I could do with what I had. Good luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report