Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1603 3DS Max 2014 64-bit Windows 8

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
screwyparasite
4771 Views, 7 Replies

Error 1603 3DS Max 2014 64-bit Windows 8

Ive been going back and forth with email support for the last 4-5 days without a resolution to my problem

On step 7 (install 3ds max) the setup fails and gives an error message stating it cant overwrite a "Color.jpg" within the */Images/ path in my documents

looking through the smaller installation log im receiving an error 1603 and for the life of me cant fix it using most/all of the suggested methods i found searching these forums and google

i would appreciate any help i can get and apologize in advance if there is already a thread for this issue somewhere

I have attached both setup logs in a zip file to my public dropbox folder as the file is too large for the forum

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86582471/Desktop.zip

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: screwyparasite

Oddly enough, it is a problem at that location.  Your docs are on D:\? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
screwyparasite
in reply to: TravisNave

yeah

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Often times profile redirects cause installation problems.  But if you move everything back to default, install, then move it back, it usually resolves the issue.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
screwyparasite
in reply to: TravisNave

that was an insanely simple fix, cant believe that was all there was to it

Thank you for the help 

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

I'm just glad it worked for you.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8

Não entendi o que você quis dizer. Pode, por favor tentar explicar mais detalhadamente? 

Message 8 of 8

@tassiofvasconcelos wrote:

Não entendi o que você quis dizer. Pode, por favor tentar explicar mais detalhadamente? 

The user's My Documents folder (or potentially any other user profile folders) were redirected from the C:\Users\<username>\ folder to another location on a network location (i.e. \\servername\profile\) and it needs to be moved back to the local computer before installation will work.

Understood?

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report