Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1406 Win 7 64 bit AutoDesk 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
qwade
970 Views, 1 Reply

Error 1406 Win 7 64 bit AutoDesk 2014

I have reviewed other posts regarding the 1406 error.  Some have mentioned ignoring the error during installation, updating flash or make permission changes to the CLSID key.  I have attempted all except the flash player update. 

Ignoring the error allowed me to complete the install but the user still receives the errors when AutoCAD is launched.  Flash Player is updated with the latest version so that isn't the issue.  Making permission changes to the multiple key entries would be too time consuming during installation.  Is there a possible solution or update (not a work around) to resolve this issue? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: qwade

Welcome to the community.

You could just change the top level key and have it replace child permissions. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report