Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1310. Error writing to file.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CJ.10E-10mm
7826 Views, 5 Replies

I have endeavoured to install as an Administrator  a trial version of 'Inventor Professional 2014 x64' on a Win7 x64 system but receive the following message:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\ASR\BDSADV201400F_EL_Adlm.asr.
Verify you have access to that directory

I have checked the security on the ASR file and can confirm that no folder BDSADV201400F_EL_Adlm.asr exists.

I also get a problem installing Autodesk 360 with an error message stating that \Cloudsync\Adsync.msi is not a valid installation package for the product Autodesk Sync.

Yet I am downloading the files directly from the Autodesk website.

Can anyone offer any advice please.

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: CJ.10E-10mm

I suspect that you are running an anti-virus program like Trend Micro.  Please disabled your real-time virus protection and reinstall.  Make sure you are installing with local admin rights and UAC off. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889889&linkID=9243099&CMP=OTC-RSS...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
CJ.10E-10mm

Thank you 'TravisNave' for your kind suggestion.

I had already followed the suggestions on the link you kindly provided to no avail.

Windows7 does seem to have this awful habit of forbidding one from accessing one's own files.

In the end I discovered that my OS had not properly configured update SP1.0 but thank you all the same.

Do you happen to know if Windows 8 x64 is now a stable platform for Inventor 2013 / 2014? More stable or conducive than say Windows 7 x64?

Thank you once again.

CJJ

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I would say that Windows 8 is more restrictive.  I see absolutely no reason to move towards that OS. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
CJ.10E-10mm

Dear Travis Nave,

Thank you so much for your kind advice. That was my understanding too but it is most useful to receive your professional opinion on the matter.

I will stick with Win7 x64!

Thank you once again it is most appreciated.

CJ

Message 6 of 6
ArcAiN6

The reason you can't write to this location usually has one or more of three situations:

1) You have an antivirus application that prevents you, or programs you run to directly add/edit/move/create files in this directory.

2) You have or have had a previously installed version of the file, and the system has locked it / made it read only, and or wasn't removed if uninstalling previous version

3) You have attempted to run a pirated copy of the software, or a software that directly alters this file and locks it so it can't be reverted.

In any of these situations, you should take ownership of the directory, and all it's contents, and allow the installer to complete.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report