Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1305 message preventing installation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
HugoNorton
4474 Views, 2 Replies

Error 1305 message preventing installation

Hi...

I have purchased a new computer and I am trying to install my Revit 2012 program on it...my new system is 64 bit and it keeps getting hung up about 75% through installation with the message:

Error 1305. Error reading from file E:\x64\RAC2012\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\Root\Program\EssentialsDB.dll.  Verify that the file exisits and that you can access it.

based on a websearch, I have cleaned the disk and retried to no improvement.

I installed the program successfully on my older (32 bit and VERY outdated system)...and I am planning to retire that system in favor of the new, but cannot do so until the Revit is loaded...in a word...HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
byron.morales
in reply to: HugoNorton

Could be a read problem with your media.  Typically you can resolve this by copying it in its entirety to a folder on your local hard drive and installing setup from there instead.  Make sure you have local admin rights and that your anti-virus is temporarily disabled during the install.

Byron Morales
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. :smileywink:

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 3 of 3
HugoNorton
in reply to: byron.morales

Thanks...

I actually tried one other thing that worked...I used a portable DVD drive that I had for my old computer...for whatever reason, that did the trick...thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report