Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 123 network server license

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cristt
3428 Views, 8 Replies

Error 123 network server license

Hello there. I get an error 123 wich I found reference on the knowledge base, but I'd like to ask anyway what's really going on.

In our network environment we have setup a network license manager correctly for two AUTOCAD 2009 SLM IT products and licenses flawlessly.
Now we are trying to add another (network) license using the license activation utility for AUTOCAD 2009 UPGR.2006 IT product but we get an 123 error, as the one reported here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=11760456&linkID=9240617
We own a regular Autocad 2006 product and serial n., but it looks like we can't add the 2009 upgrade license anyway on the network license manager (that doesn't even asks for our previous Autocad 2006 serial n.). Is this true? Is there any way to add an upgrade license together with the others?
Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Dazzman
in reply to: cristt

NLM and SLM are 2 different products you say that you have setup a network license for 2 SLM licenses?

NLM works by using a network license manager to allocate the licenses from a pool.

SLM is machine specific you cannot add a SLM to an NLM license.

Check with your reseller or contact Autodesk to see what product version you have under that serial number?
Message 3 of 9
cristt

yes, in NLM (network license manager) we have setup 2 licenses from two distincts autocad 2009 SLM (getting the .lic file from the online activation tool), and it does work. I can't add on NLM licenses for autocad 2009 upgr.2006. that is the problem, or at least I don't know how to do it, because to activate the upgr license it asks for the original 2006 s/n and another code (I think it's the request code) wich I think I can get only from the menu of an acad 2006 installation.
Message 4 of 9
Dazzman

If you try to license the product and it asks for a request code it sound as though you have an SLM copy not an NLM.

When you try to license an NLM copy it will ask for the server name and mac address of the server that holds the license.

As I said earlier contact your resller or Autoesk to get them to idnetify the serial number that you are trying to use so that they can tell you exactly what you have.
Message 5 of 9
cristt

thanks. Anyway the product asking for the request code is the upgr (not slm, nor nlm), I have all the package here so I think I can't go wrong.
Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

If your upgraded client is a network seat and it is asking for an activation code, then you have installed it as a stand-alone. You need to reinstall it as a network (for 2006 products, you need to create a network deployment) or you can use a registry change to convert from stand-alone to network. I have posted this process a million times on this forum if you'd like to search for it.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9
cristt

I will search for you messages. Anyway it's not completely clear what you stated as I'm new to autocad and licensing. My product is not installated, I'm only trying to get the lic files from the online activation utility (to be used with the NLM server); this procedure worked fine for two "autocad 2009 slm" and not fine (error 123) for "autocad 2009 upgr 2006" products. There is no autocad 2009/2006 installed on the machine I'm using online activation. I just would like that every product/serial number gets its online activation and lic file to be used with NLM. Is that impossibile with upgr products??
Thanks.
Message 8 of 9
Dazzman

I think you are still failing to understand the difference between SLM and NLM products.

Do you have a license server?

If you run AutoCAD and then select help, about then product information it will tell you the name of the license server in the dialogue.

What you have is an upgrade SLM copy of AutoCAD that will only license to the workstation and cannot be added to the lic file on the license server, if you have one.

You need to contact Autodesk and give them the serial number of the product you are trying to install they will confirm what it is then you can pay to have it moved form an SLM (single license locked to pc) to an NLM (license file on a server that any pc can access).
Message 9 of 9
cristt

I can realize now that the upgr version is SLM so there's nothing to do about it if not converting it and paying autodesk. I just I wander why then the other products "autocad 2009 slm it" (as printed on the package label) have been recognized as network and I've setup a license server and got the .lic files with those s/n, in fact that installation is reporting the license server name on the help menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report