Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 10: cannot start adlm? License error.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
paige_harris3
2104 Views, 3 Replies

Error 10: cannot start adlm? License error.

Error 10: cannot start adlm I keep getting this error when I try to start my newly downloaded revit 2014.  It also shows a license transfer untility, and when I sign it it trys to import the license but then fails.  I have downloaded and redownloaded and repair and repaired many times.  I even thought  something was wrong with my account, so I made a new one and tryed to download it but it still had the same problem. I have been trying to download revit for a few weeks now. This is the free educational license version.   

I am really not sure what is wrong, if someone could help that would be great.  

Thanks,

Paige Harris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: paige_harris3

Hi Paige and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Typically when you receive an Error 10 it means that you've exceeded your number of automated activations for your software and you now need a manual activation from our Activation and Registration department. Please see this article for more detailed information.

You can contact the Activation and Registration department directly through our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. If you have any other questions please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 4
pajero
in reply to: jessica.t

I actually cannot manually activate anything because when I start the program it goes to cannot start adlm and error 10 then closes out.  There is only a license transfer utility-revit 2014 that shows up on my computer.  But when I try to import the license in it shows that it cannot connect to the internet when I am and it wont transfer the license. I attached all the errors that is permitting me for using this program. 

This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: pajero

Thanks for the additional information. Does this thread help? Let me know, thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report