Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xc000007b while starting AutoCad 2013

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
charles1017
93014 Views, 71 Replies

Error 0xc000007b while starting AutoCad 2013

Hi, recently i downloaded the trial version of autocad2013 from the offical website.

but after a successful install, i cant even start my autocad2013

It shows an error 0xc000007b.

acad.exe

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I am using Windows7 Ultimate 64bit verson.

I did a little search on the net, most of the solution is install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010(x86 and x64) redistributable package and reinstall directx 9 but neither works

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance!

71 REPLIES 71
Message 61 of 72
Artzver_stud
in reply to: charles1017

I do not know what the problem is. I tried everything. I downloaded DirectX from the official site and Visual C ++ Redistributable too! I used the program Dependency Walker. please help me. I gathered all the information in the screenshots and logs in the archive.

Tags (1)
Message 62 of 72
Artzver_stud
in reply to: Artzver_stud

Smiley FrustratedWhy can not I use a licensed product? Somebody help me. I will provide any information.

Message 63 of 72

Have you tried a complete (and i mean complete) uninstall of AutoCAD, .Net, and C++? . Then install AutoCAD and let it install the version of .Net and C++ it needs? 

Message 64 of 72

Yes! I completely removes all components including C ++, .NET, DirectX and 3ds Max (full Autodesk). Just clean the registry. Look at my archive logs and screenshots to better understand my situation(61 post).

Message 65 of 72
fixitup
in reply to: Artzver_stud

the key here is to use the "Dependency Walker" utility that BurjanS wrote about.

Run this utility prog and go to Open, Max/Autocad and you should see 2  "x86" items highlighted in red near the center of that window. These are the ones you want to replace.

Go to "www.dll-files.com" and D/L the "d3dx9_43" and the "msvcr100.dll" files in 64-bit.

Paste these into the C:/Windows/System32 folder (not in the SysWOW64 folder) and overwrite.

Restart your system and run the "Dependency Walker" again and you should see that the two red x86 items that were there are now gone.

You should be able to run Max/AutoCad now.

HTH

Message 66 of 72
Dpaax
in reply to: np

Great! this works with 3ds max 2016, thanks

Message 67 of 72
Migration
in reply to: Dpaax

Glad to hear that.

Биљана
Message 68 of 72

Try this guide to fix Error Code 0xc000007b worked for me as i have faced the same problem. Follow the simple steps and you can resolve the issue.

Message 69 of 72
istan

And another failure:

I installed "Autodesk Architecture 2016" on two different Win7x64 pro machines. On these machines Inventor 2016 was already running there perfectly! "Depends.exe" shows NOTHING wrong but when launching acad.exe, it immediately shows the 0xc000007b error!

When investigating with "procmon" the last loaded DLL is "uxtheme.dll". Before all DLLs were found and loaded with success.

Of course the software is not yet registered, as I cannot go that far.

"acad.exe /nohardware" does not help.

The reg setting of "LoadAppInit_DLLS" does not help.

msvcr100.dll is the right one (otherwise Inventor would not work)

Any other suggestions or is this a useless product?

btw: Inventor is still working, so the setup did not destroy anything at least.

Message 70 of 72
accountsD4GC6

Hi Guys.

I fixed my error 0xc000007b problem.
I googled a lot of different solutions and eventually tried the old classic. REPAIR of the program called:

Microsoft Visuall C++ 2012, 2013, 2015 (I repaired ALL of them and clicked "change" and then "repair")

Let the update go, restarted my machine and it was fixed.

My Autodesk ARTCAM pro works perfect now!

Hope this helps!

Took me while, but glad I found this fix.
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 9.39.27 PM.png

Tags (3)
Message 71 of 72
peter.hh

Same problem for AutoCAD/Civil3D - 2017. Removed 2016, installed 2017: problem.

Your solution:

3. Restore to default / Reinstall the most recent Visual C++ Redistributable

You can download the latest one from

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

update of the VS2017 C++ worked perfect !

Message 72 of 72
istan
in reply to: peter.hh

In my case it turned out, that AD relies on certain system fonts to be installed and used - i.e. setup to be used in the windows settings.

AD assumes this, but does not handle the errors right, when something like that is missing. This could even be an MS fault, since AD relies on so  many MS DLLs and dotNet stuff today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report