Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

English Language Pack Uninstall Fail

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lbacon
2381 Views, 3 Replies

English Language Pack Uninstall Fail

I posted earlier on a trial removal/full-license install not initializing correctly, but also need help with a slient uninstall I'm piecing together for proper deployment to our workstations.  I've been successfull in removing almost every part of the Inventor 2011 package that I install with msiexec and the appropriate registry key, but I have been unable to get the English Language Pack to uninstall.  It shares the same uninstall key as the main Inventor 2011, but does not get removed with it.  Subsequent removals of its keys from the registry and the remaining Inventor folders do not remove it either.  Thus, causing a new install to fail since the Language Pack is still detected by the installer. 

Suggestions for removal of this pack are to remove using a deprecated microsoft cleanup utility that has no command line functions as far as I can tell and is useless in this manner.  Since a silent install is possible with the Inventor 2011 software package - a silent/unattended uninstall must also be... I must be missing something. Thanks for you help in advance! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: lbacon

Please try this solution

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14893355

Edit:Just read your other post now..

How are you trying silent unistall

msiexec ?

please try to add INSTALLDIR="whatever path" to the msiexec as parameter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
lbacon

Thanks for responding so quickly, but a few things in reply:

-- That uninstallation page you linked to does not properly address silent uninstallation methods.  Even the manual uninstallation requires "add/remove programs" steps - which done through WMIC in order to background this, doesn't work properly.  Also, the uninstaller program might appear to remove everything, but fails most of the time even after signalling success (This is verified by attempting to re-install Inventor 2011, where the installer detects the English Language Pack is still installed and will not continue).

-- I was using msiexec to remove the Inventor components and itself in the exact opposite order that Inventor was installed in - I unfortunately do not see what INSTALLDIR could help me with, unless Inventor uses this parameter in an undocumented form.  Any additional information on this if this would help with a silent uninstall would be greatly helpful. 

This whole situation has been a pain and your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
hashim.mundol

Sorry to hear about the uinstall issues.

if manual uninstall works, the automated should work too. if there are errors, we need to look at the log file to figure out where it fails.

did you try

this misexec commands..(change the GUID accordingly)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Silent-Uninstall-Inventor-2010/m-p/2763618/high...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report