Installation & Licensing

KGreenblatt
Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

Emergency: Error in Maya, have found NO help in forums. *Emergency*

365 Views, 3 Replies
09-16-2011 04:18 AM

Dear All,

I try to install Maya 2011 and Maya 2012 and get this error immediately upon startup after it finishes "computing space requirements" -- "Error 1606: Could not access network location bin."

I have been trying to solve this problem for over 15* hours. I have traversed every single corner of the Autodesk forums, I have looked at over a hundred other sites, claiming to have patches and fixes for this. I have literally done everything to fix this. There is a thread in the forums where someone reports this problem, then Admin refers them to another thread regarding the 1606 error, but that is for fixing the error regarding UNINSTALL.

I cannot fix an error regarding an uninstall, for an INstall, if there is no Maya path to fix.

I am using Windows 7 x64.

Guys, I just got picked up for a freelance job and desperately need Maya to work or I will lose out on this contract. School is also about to start in 10 days from now and I need Maya for that too. This is an absolute emergency. I am at my wit's end and have tried everything, including completely reformatting my computer, updating the net framework, all drivers, direct X, and a slew over other supposed fixes as well

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. I cannot start school without Maya, and I cannot hold this job without Maya either.

Please, do not direct me to other threads, I have read them all. If you have general information for fixes, patches, suggestions, anything.. PLEASE post here. I have never had a problem I've spent as much time on and haven't been able to fix. And, I have yet to see one admin properly address this problem.

Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 4 (348 Views)

Re: Emergency: Error in Maya, have found NO help in forums. *Emergency*

09-16-2011 11:10 AM in reply to: KGreenblatt

Can you create a new administrator account and see if can install in a different account?

David Lau
KGreenblatt
Message 3 of 4 (346 Views)

09-16-2011 01:17 PM in reply to: david.lau

I did that and it didn't work. Experiencing same 1606 error. Please advise immediately.

Product Support
david.lau
Message 4 of 4 (336 Views)

09-17-2011 05:10 AM in reply to: KGreenblatt
At this point, I would just reformat the drive and reintstall Windows.

David Lau

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube