Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency: Error in Maya, have found NO help in forums. *Emergency*

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KGreenblatt
718 Views, 3 Replies

Emergency: Error in Maya, have found NO help in forums. *Emergency*

Dear All,

I try to install Maya 2011 and Maya 2012 and get this error immediately upon startup after it finishes "computing space requirements" -- "Error 1606: Could not access network location bin."

I have been trying to solve this problem for over 15* hours. I have traversed every single corner of the Autodesk forums, I have looked at over a hundred other sites, claiming to have patches and fixes for this. I have literally done everything to fix this. There is a thread in the forums where someone reports this problem, then Admin refers them to another thread regarding the 1606 error, but that is for fixing the error regarding UNINSTALL.

I cannot fix an error regarding an uninstall, for an INstall, if there is no Maya path to fix.

I am using Windows 7 x64.

Guys, I just got picked up for a freelance job and desperately need Maya to work or I will lose out on this contract. School is also about to start in 10 days from now and I need Maya for that too. This is an absolute emergency. I am at my wit's end and have tried everything, including completely reformatting my computer, updating the net framework, all drivers, direct X, and a slew over other supposed fixes as well

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. I cannot start school without Maya, and I cannot hold this job without Maya either.

Please, do not direct me to other threads, I have read them all. If you have general information for fixes, patches, suggestions, anything.. PLEASE post here. I have never had a problem I've spent as much time on and haven't been able to fix. And, I have yet to see one admin properly address this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: KGreenblatt

Can you create a new administrator account and see if can install in a different account?

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
KGreenblatt
in reply to: david.lau

I did that and it didn't work. Experiencing same 1606 error. Please advise immediately.

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: KGreenblatt

At this point, I would just reformat the drive and reintstall Windows.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report