Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email with hotfix for inventor has no password.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
ufgm2
8452 Views, 12 Replies

Email with hotfix for inventor has no password.

Hello,

I have just downloaded the student version of autodesk inventor and have run into the hotfix issue; I am using windows vista home premium 32 bit. I followed the procedure of going to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971138 and chose the first option (x86) and then opened the email that followed, however, the email did not contain a password at all: 

Password:

Password changes on:

Next password:

Elsewhere there was a note that states "NOTE If the password does not exist or the password is blank in this mail, then the fix can be extracted without any password.". However, when I follow the link to the hotfix it takes me to a dark screen with a popup stating "The server hotfixv4.microsoft.com:80 requires a username and password".

Now, hopefully you can see my issue. No username or password is given in the email but it won’t let me get to the hotfix without one. 

If anyone has got any ideas I would be so happy! 

Thanks in advance

Steve

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: ufgm2

Here is the extracted file.  Enjoy!

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 13
david.lau
in reply to: TravisNave

This is what I got in the email from Microsoft:

KB Article Number(s): 971138

Language: All (Global)

Platform: x64

Location: (http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows%20Vista/sp3/Fix261357/6000/free/381496_intl_x64_zip.exe)

Password: dgB9F9p$Wq

Password Changes On:          

Next Password: q)Dc3sFr

I would also request the it again if necessary.  Thanks Travis for extracting it for the end user.

David Lau
Message 4 of 13
dueler96

Hi guys, I was able to install and extract the hotfix. But when I run the fix it says "Not applicable to your system" I have the Vista SP2 so I'm not sure whats wrong...... Any help?

Message 5 of 13
david.lau
in reply to: dueler96

Can you create a new post? It might be a different issue.

David Lau
Message 6 of 13
bleierjake

The update does not apply to your system is what i get when i try this, what do i do? thank you

bleierjake@yahoo.com

Message 7 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: bleierjake

have you contacted microsoft on the problem?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
robbery3335

i have about the same problem but i have a 64bit can someone that has the hotfix file help me. I downloaded hotfix but it is a file called 381496_intl_x64_zip can someone please help get the hotfix file i need inventor for a class and i can't use it till i have this stupid file

Message 9 of 13
lisaplusthree

Could someone please upload the link for a Vista 64 bit?

Message 10 of 13
DarrenP

read the whole thread the file has been provided

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: lisaplusthree

Like Darren said, it has been listed multiple times.  But in case you need it directly again, here is the direct link from Microsoft for 64-bit sans password:

http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows%20Vista/sp3/Fix261357/6000/free/381496_intl_x64_zip.exe

The 32-bit version is attached to my post above.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 13
5rage5
in reply to: david.lau

Inventor fusion 2012 Installation issue, kb971138 hotfix not for my computer!! This is what I get after i downloaded Inventor 2012, because I have the Vista home premium x86 32 bit sp2 I dont know what else to do. I searched my comp for the .dll file that was in the hotfix and I already have it installed from years ago. I know that this is a 2012vproduct, but I still run vista. I even downloaded and tried to install it from http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Email-with-hotfix-for-inventor-has-no-password/... and still says that the fix is not for my comp! PLEASE HELP!!!!
Message 13 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: 5rage5

You need the 32-bit version.

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/24/35165/1/Windows6.0-KB971138-x86.zip

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report