Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eligibility for Student Pricing after Graduation?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
TheRaptor
1010 Views, 5 Replies

Eligibility for Student Pricing after Graduation?

Hi,

on the product page of the "Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2014 - Student and Faculty Pricing" it says about the identification that

"The document must include the school name, student name, and current date/academic term."

and

"Current date is defined as: Within 1 year from the issued date OR Within 6 months from the end of the noted semester/term OR Within 6 months from the end of the noted academic year".

A few days ago I graduated from school and I'm still formally enrolled in school for a few days. But does the above mean that I would - theoretically - still be elegible to buy the student version of this suite in a few months? (Up to almost one year from now, hence the date of my diploma?)

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help regarding this issue.

TheRaptor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: TheRaptor

Hello Toni!

The current eligibility date period is defined as: Within 1 year from the issued date OR Within 6 months from the end of the noted semester/term OR Within 6 months from the end of the noted academic year. I understand this can be confusing as it's all dependent upon what type of documentation is used to submit for eligibility verification.

For example, a Student ID that says “Fall 2013” and is issued at the “standard” start of school year, would be valid for a year. A tuition bill or transcript should be valid for 6 months as each quarter or semester a new transcript or tuition bill would be available.

An individual who just finished their last term in May 2013 and has a transcript dated May 2013, would potentially have until November 2013 (6 months) to purchase a student suite license under the current eligibility requirements (subject to change) and redeem a valid serial number.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information!

Message 3 of 6
TheRaptor
in reply to: philip.s

Hi,

first of all thank you very much for your reply to my question.

I'm not a native speaker, so I want to clarify things: Does my diploma / leaving certificate basically grant me the same eligibility as a "transcript" would in the example you gave? I'm not familiar with the term, sorry.

Thanks for your time and best regards.

Message 4 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: TheRaptor

Apologies for the delayed response Toni. Confirming that a diploma should carry the same weight as a transcript, which is essentially a copy of ones academic record.

Message 5 of 6
TheRaptor

No problem. And again, thanks a lot for your help.
Message 6 of 6
kali4nyan

Hello,

I just recently graduated and I also just upgraded my laptop so I can actually run Autocad on it. I was hoping to get the 3 year student license in order to practice  because my previous computers weren't able to run the program since version 2009. The 30 day license just seems too short in order to get proficient enough. Please confirm I can legally use my degree as proof as used in this example. Thanks

Darryl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report