Trying to install Master Suite on Windows 7 64bit fails. When trying to install the entire suite from a deployment, all of the previous parts seem to install correctly. ACA also fails if it is the only application selected for deployment. No changes are made to any of the deployments.
The following three lines from the log seem to be relevant:
MSI (s) (54:E8) [09:10:03:485]: Note: 1: 1708
MSI (s) (54:E8) [09:10:03:485]: Product: AutoCAD Architecture 2013 - English -- Installation operation failed.
MSI (s) (54:E8) [09:10:03:485]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: AutoCAD Architecture 2013 - English. Product Version: 22.214.171.124. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Autodesk. Installation success or error status: 1603.
Where might the best place be to try debugging what might be going on?
Solved! Go to Solution.
The 1603 error is a general Windows error-code that implies failed installation. It could be due to a host of possible reasons but typically, it is due to file / folder permissions issue or folder path.
Please check on the following :
- If you are running Network install, please try to turn off silent installations and observe where the installer fails. This may give an indication of which resource the permissions are lacking in.
- Please ensure that you have full permissions to your machine and to the location where the deployment exists while you are installing from the deployment.
- Please ensure anti-virus software and firewalls are disabled (to ascertain if these hinder the installation).
- Please ensure that the installing user has Local Administrative group membership and that no restrictions are imposed to required users account. Note that Local Administrative privileges are required for installation.
- Do not relocate the My Documents folder off of the Local System and do not use Roaming Profiles.
- Ensure simple and short pathname used on source and target machine.
I logged on locally as Administrator and tried it with a relatively clean machine before any anti-virus is installed and before it is attached to the domain. All of the products that install as part of the suite BEFORE one of the AutoCADs seem to succeed so it is probably not a permissions problem or wouldn't have the error occurred much sooner?
I tried not installing AutoCAD Architecture and now it fails on AutoCAD Structural Detailing.
What is the maximum path length on the source path? (The install path is the default.)
Below are a few lines from the network log file that are created that show the packaget that failed as well as the couple before it that succeeded.
2012/10/2:15:40:31 Administrator PF217051 Install Autodesk® Showcase® 2013 Succeeded
2012/10/2:15:50:04 Administrator PF217051 Install Autodesk Showcase 2013 64-bit Service Pack 2 Succeeded
2012/10/2:15:50:04 Administrator PF217051 Installing FaroSDK: \\EVDSFSRV1\manapps\AutoDesk\2013\EMS\AdminImage\3
2012/10/2:15:50:11 Administrator PF217051 Install FaroSDK Succeeded
2012/10/2:15:50:11 Administrator PF217051 Installing Autodesk Content Service: INSTALLMODE=PRIVATE AUTOSTART=0 ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="\\EVDSFSRV1\manapps\AutoDesk\201
2012/10/2:15:50:20 Administrator PF217051 Install Autodesk Content Service Succeeded
2012/10/2:15:50:22 Administrator PF217051 Installing AutoCAD® Structural Detailing 2013: TRANSFORMS="\\EVDSFSRV1\manapps\AutoDesk\2013\EMS\
2012/10/2:15:53:26 Administrator PF217051 Install AutoCAD® Structural Detailing 2013 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
2012/10/2:15:53:32 Administrator PF217051 Rollback Autodesk Content Service Succeeded
As it turns out, the problem is with the updates being applied.
As very helpfully pointed out by David Lau:
My suggestion is to not install the updates for all AutoCAD family of products.
Please check out this post:
Once the suite is installed, then all of the updates can be applied. Applying the updates can be scripted.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register