Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERTS? PLEASE HELP! -Cannot activate -Cannot find successful answer elsewhere

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gosto5
931 Views, 3 Replies

EXPERTS? PLEASE HELP! -Cannot activate -Cannot find successful answer elsewhere

AC 2010 - Product license information window shows:

Standalone - Locked  (Could "Locked" be the problem? ...and if so, what can I do about it?)

Extendable

Expires: Sunday, January 30, 2011 !!!

Student Version

I have tried every way I can find to extend Student Version to the 3 year license - repeatedly!  Most attempts result in an Error indication.  I understand I may need to get a new Serial Number and that it may not update until restart.  This is unaffected by restart of AC or system.  One attempt yesterday did result in confirmation of successful activation of code I was sent for the 3yr. extension, but the Product license information window still shows License Expiration Date of Sunday, January 30, 2011 even after restarting both program and system.  Business Center unwilling to support student matters and referred me to Student Community - obsolete link.  Auto-response contained valid links but only to FAQs and automated processes.  As far as I know, I have already tried everything.  I need to find out what settings or ? on my PC is interfering, get live help, remote connection or some option aside from the straight and narrow which should have been a breeze but does nothing but throw up roadblocks and lead me in circles.

PS: I have had nothing but trouble with the program all along, such that I continue to wonder if my copy has a fundamental problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: gosto5

1. Open the program.

2. Go to Help>About AutoCAD>Product Information and click on Change Serial Number.
3. Enter the NEW 3-yr serial number retrieved from the student community.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to Activate the new license.

Can your professor help you with this?
Does your school have a student IT Help Desk that can help you with this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
gosto5
in reply to: JDMather

I think I'm good now.  I would have never known I had to go to the website to retrieve the new Serial No.  Stumbled around when I got there - had to approach like I didn't already have the software.  When I got to the opportunity to retrieve the new number they said an updated version was available and did I want it.  I clicked that and went through a whole download.  When it got to the Installation options, it said I ALREADY had the updated version!   I closed out of that, put in the new serial no., took the activation option and retrieved the new activation code.  Apparently that was only for my records, because it was then already activated!  Shown for some reason to expire on Jan 9th, 2014 but good enough - THANK-YOU!

Before I close out of this with an accepted solution, can you tell me - all the files that downloaded...  Was that in fact a current update that then took care of itself or did I just needlessly consume some memory with duplication?

Let the sleeping dog lie, or go digging?

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
JEverett25
in reply to: gosto5

Can someone please assist me in downloading the student version of AutoCAD?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report