Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 20, WHATS UP?????

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
vandido_4ever
4763 Views, 10 Replies

ERROR 20, WHATS UP?????

3DS max is driving me crazy!!! when i try to open 3ds max 2012, it give me an error ... and a headheck, the error is the "ERROR 20" License error. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS? I can't handle this no more! i need help! i appreciate your help.

Greetings

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi vandido,

What platform are you on? What kind of license did you buy? Can you send a screenshot?
Thanks.
Jerome Pineau
AutodeskHelp | Social Media Strategist
twitter.com/AutodeskHelp
jerome.pineau@autodesk.com

Message 3 of 11

Hi, and thanks for answer, oh an sorry for nervious ... um, well, i join the school comunity and they give the free software cause i'm student, they give me the license and the serial number, everything was ok, but the second time i opened the program, it gave me that error. :// weird huh? I have Windows 7 home edition, 32 bits. And the version i downloaded was the 2012 edition.

Message 4 of 11

Hi Vandido_4ever:

Please do try to completely uninstall and re-install your product. You may follow the steps provided on this link:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240697. Also, if applicable, you may want to turn off your FLEXnet Licensing Service.

Let us  know if this will resolve the issue. Should you encounter any further error, respond tp to this post and we will try our best to find the appropriate solution for you.

Best Regards,

Arlin

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 11

Hi, thanks for replay, um, can you tell me how to turn off the license? I'm installing right now the product again, if the problem presist, i'll strightly come here and i'll tell you what happend.

greetings

Albert

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 11

0! Nothing, same error, no results. Any idea? I don't have money to have a Credit Card, no one use it on my house, im extremly poor and i need this software working, is very important to me, so please, tell me my problem have a solution. Please, i need this software working perfectly, i need to do a very importar job here and i have to time to downloaded again. Should i have faith or I say good bye to my job???

thanks

Message 7 of 11
Darin.Green
in reply to: vandido_4ever

vandido_4ever,

Close the application, then delete the casecadeinfo.cas file located in the following directory and try again:

Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\AdLM\

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 8 of 11
welch.238
in reply to: Darin.Green

I am using Windows 7 and there is no C:\ProgramData folder???

Message 9 of 11
Dazzman
in reply to: vandido_4ever

ProgramData is a hidden folder you will need to change the Folder Options so that they are set from Don’t show hidden files, folders or drives to Show hidden files, folders and drives you will then be able to see the missing folder.

Message 10 of 11
Darin.Green
in reply to: welch.238

Copy and paste the path from my previous response into the address bar of Windows Explorer then hit Enter.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 11 of 11
nick68
in reply to: Darin.Green

deleting that file does stuff all for me, what a joke this bug is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report